Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Southwinds

Thinking Of Princess ?

18 posts in this topic

If you have previously cruised with P&O and are thinking of a Princess cruise....do log onto their web site and register...you will find in a day or so the cruises you have been on with P&O have earned you points with Princess loyalty scheme. Check your level we found we were Elite already...and with that we got lots of perks one is free laundry.

More important when my TA input our membership number we qualified to pay the lower Deposit as we appeared as a past customer on the booking system...

But....this link will soon end and P&O and Princess which were once one company are now de merged and in futures points from P&O will not count for Princess cruises..

ive never cruised with princess before i have only done p&o, would you recommend trying princess are they similar?

We have done 20+ cruises with P&O and have done 4 Princess cruises recently having become disillusioned with P&O and find the cruise experience far superior on Princess.

I've only done Princess and have been very happy with the experience.  I did look at doing P&O next year but when I compared the itineraries on the Baltic run the P&O one paled by comparison, so I'll stay with Princess.

Princess in the main provide a very good cruise experience. The experience you get will depend on the size of ship and destinations and what you are personally looking to get from the cruise. I have always found their food and service up their with the better popular cruise lines. Have a great trip.

I have just returned from my first Princess cruise and have to say that I enjoyed it very much, I have done quite a few P&O cruises that I also enjoyed. I found the standard of service to be very good on Princess and the ship the Royal Princess was amazing, however I did think that the excursions were very expensive, I also seemed to spend a lot more than usual on gratuities and drinks ( I am not a heavy drinker but did notice the difference on my on-board account ) All in all I would be happy to cruise with Princess again. smile.png

Thoroughly enjoyed my time on Royal Princess in 2013. Lovely ship and a very nice holiday. They are more expensive on board however than P&O like dora says. I always find that with Princess but do enjoy cruising with them.

Hi I agree with the comments on this thread.  Princess do a good product the food IMO is far better than that offered by P&O but they do cater for American tastes (large portions of meat with few vegetables).  The level of service is comparable.  The downside is that, as already mentioned the on board, costs are higher (drinks and tips). 

Hi I agree with the comments on this thread.  Princess do a good product the food IMO is far better than that offered by P&O but they do cater for American tastes (large portions of meat with few vegetables).  The level of service is comparable.  The downside is that, as already mentioned the on board, costs are higher (drinks and tips).

drinks are only more expensive if you are a beer drinker -soft drinks are a lot cheaper than on P&O. buy a package at £4.81 a day and it covers all soft drinks including alcohol free cocktails. When you convert the dollars into pounds the wine is cheaper too as are the spirits because the mixer is covered in the soft drinks package and measures are larger. Our bar bill on a two week princess cruise is about 30% cheaper than on P&O and we drink more. The Tips are higher though about £2 a day. But the loyalty rewards are good - free mini bar, free laundry, free internet access as well as many other perks.It is great to get home and not have to spend the next few days washing and ironing.
sinbad10 likes this

Its like everything in life you get what you pay for and cheapest isnt always the best.

My partner and I LOVE princess. We are due to go on our 32nd with them in September, on The Royal.  The food is amazing, and the whole experience for us is exactly what we want.  You can be as active or inactive as you like in the itineraries, and we are always very well looked after.  The loyalty program is excellent too.