Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Solent Richard

Muscat In A Day

10 posts in this topic

Almost eleven months ago while cruising on board Oceania Nautica we made a scheduled call to the port of Muscat. With the forthcoming World Cruise season not too far away many UK based ships will be calling at this rather unique port on the Arabian Peninsular.

To enlighten any readers as to just what to expect and what can be achieved in a day's visit here are a few offerings...

MuscatLandmarkIncenseBurner_zps6660d29e.

MuttrahCorniche1_zpsbfb036af.jpg

MutrahFortMuscat_zpsfc950a02.jpg

SultanQaboosGrandMosqueMainPrayingHall_z

MuttrahBazaar_zps872054c7.jpg

A full review can be found at my cruise blog....

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/14/one-way-to-do-muscat/

Please feel free to ask any questions either openly or by Private Message.

Fabulous pics and review.  I now have an opinion that Muscat is a small town rather than a large capital city - am I correct in stating this? 

Fabulous pics and review.  I now have an opinion that Muscat is a small town rather than a large capital city - am I correct in stating this? 

Good morning LK.

I think you will find that Muscat is really a fair sized metropolitan city - some 580 square miles. It has a of around 1,16 million spread over 6 provinces.

My review covered three distinct areas: Mutrah (the port area), The old Town and the more modern district of Al Ghubrah South where the Grand Mosque is (Some 20 minute drive from Mutrah)

So quite a large place.

I was very impressed with Muscat it's probably one of the cleanest places in the World. The excursion we chose was the Mystical Dhow Cruise which provided plenty of photo opportunities.

Richard I must say you do take excellent photographs you could almost be there ;) Ron

I do agree. Even if my attempts at photography were works of art (they're not :D ) I wouldn't have a clue how to put them on the forum.