Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joshconlon24

Xmas Cruise ??

7 posts in this topic

Hello jcruz,

Never been on a Christmas cruise,But if you are looking at P&O the Azura Ventura and Oceana are all family ship's the first Two are the biggest. I would imagine at Christmas they are good fun especially for children.

Joshconlon24 likes this

hello i am looking to go away for xmas on a cruise with the family has anyone been before ? what ships are good for families over the xmas period ?

Have done Xmas & New Year on Aurora a few years ago .it was a 22 day cruise and the children on board had a fantastic time. On Xmas Eve Santa appeared at the Funnel on the top of the ship ,he then came down to the top deck with his sack of toys .The children & The adults enjoyed the festivities. So could really recommend Aurora. Have not spent Xmas on board Azura or Ventura so could not comment what it is like on board the bigger P & O ships.

Another magical Xmas was on board Holland America's Eurodam and that also was a fantastic atmosphere for the children. On that ship Santa appeared on Xmas morning-with his sack of toys and an entourage of elves in the Atrium whilst artificial snow fell throughout the atrium. There was Xmas carols and egg nog /mince pies served for the adults .The ship was decorated to an exceptional standard ,with Gingerbread houses and Xmas trees everywhere. A wonderful experience spending Xmas on board ..Go for it !

Wow! Holland America seem to go all out don't they!!

I can recommend Azura/Ventura for childrens facilities - they are superb. Christmas cruises are going fast - particularly flights so I wouldnt hang around if I were you!

thank you for the information everyone Northern star the last cruise company i would of thought of would of been holland america that is really good to know. The Americans always go all out when they do something dont they. this has been really helpfull what a pleasent forum this is.

thank you for the information everyone Northern star the last cruise company i would of thought of would of been holland america that is really good to know. The Americans always go all out when they do something dont they. this has been really helpfull what a pleasent forum this is.

Yes jcruz we were also very surprised at how good it was .We thought it would be an older crowd on board but the Eurodam was very family orientated for the holiday period .We sailed out of Fort Lauderdale and we had a fabulous pre cruise stay there seeing all the decorations in Fort Lauderdale was also amazing. The waterfront properties all did Animated Xmas displays at the bottom of their gardens ,one better than the next so it was a great build up to the start of the cruise. I have never seen so many cruise ships lined up in port waiting to set sail for the holidays almost in a convoy!