Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keith

Single Supplement

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a cruise line where I wouldn't have to pay a hefty supplement to travel on my own ?.

I have seen some fantastic offers recently but unfortunately when I try to book one of these offers I am being told the cost would be double the price !

I have heard of companies doing " shared " cabins where they would pair you with someone else so you don't have to pay a single supplement. does this kind of thing still exist ?

I agree . I understand that the cabins are double's and the cruise companies should charge for under occupancy,but doubling the price up is just unfair.

I would be paying double the cost but only eating for one !

I'm not sure about cruise lines that do a low single supplement but i know there are quite a few that do specific single cabins now.  P&O seem to be adding more single rooms and fred olsen are really good for this to.

Even for single cabins as opposed to sole occupancy of a double the prices are outrageously high sometimes double. As mentioned you are only eating for one.  

Yes I am another single traveller really opposed to the outrageous single supplement charges, not only are we only one person for dining but only one for the flight as well. I have been in a single cabin on P&O Azura which was ok although still more expensive than being just one half of a double but it was on a low floor and of course no balcony option. I did read somewhere that P&O Ventura were creating more single cabins, bring it on please!

blondie likes this

When I see some of the prices for balconys on the getaway fares, I would be happy to pay double the getaway price to have a balcony cabin to myself but do P&O allow this?

Hello Tindall,

I think you can only book for two people on the getaway but I guess if the " other " person doesn't turn up then you have paid double anyway so I can't see what difference it would make.

Ive heard also that p&o are allowing singles to book a getaway at double the cost from the end of this year anyway.

Yes, wholeheartedly agree on the singles issue.  Always a moan I'm afraid, I do bite the bullet and have a balcony cabin to myself.  I think there is about 75% extra on Cunard, but some of the ships do have offers of various supplements.  I think sometimes Seabourne have low supplements, trouble is it's mostly couples..... Some ships do have single  cabins but from what I've seen they do look a little like understairs cupboards.  Why can't they build a single cabin with a balcony??

I met a lady on Azura earlier this year who booked a Getaway with her sister but turned up on her own,said her sister had some form of gastro complaint and thought it would be irresponsible to travel so was it okay if she went alone. No problem and over £600 apparently saved!

On the subject of single cabins with balconies,I think I read Britannia would have some when she arrives in 2015.