Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AFC04/03

Youth Clubs

11 posts in this topic

Do all cruise companys offer Kids clubs onboard, I am looking Celebrity cruises (alot of positive feedback about them) I was originally looking at me and the partner going but I might have to bring the Sprogs, has any families travelled with Celebrity?

i have looked at celebrity as i have two children. they do cater well for them and they have kids clubs on board depending on your kids ages. they offer games, hands on activites, video games, movies and do lots of arts and crafts in the clubs. If your kids are older they hang out areas for the teens and games arcade. I tend to go p&o but will be hopefully doing celebrity next year thats why i have looked into it more. the ships look fab and i have friends who have been on eclipse with kids and loved it. hope that helps :)

I agree oceana had the friendliest staff I have ever had the pleaseure of meeting we couldn't help but tip one of the girls on board she was brilliant with our youngest and really got the kids out of their shells. It made our holiday so much easier I bet a lot of parents on here would agree.

every ship i have every been on have amazing kids clubs and my daughter loved them so much i couldnt get her out of them. Now she is older and in the older clubs, age 11, they are allowed to come out of the clubs and at times worried me as i didnt know where she was i do feel it would be worth giving them pagers however they are still fantastic and loads for them to do.

My son is now in the age group where he will be allowed in and out of kids club on his own which we are not too happy about.  Does anyone know if you can tell the kids club staff to disallow this and have him signed in/out?

tom they do let them sign in and out but i found out half the time ths was not monitored it is down to your child to sign in and out and state where they are going to on the ship so you can find them.

NCL Epic Kid's Club staff expect parents to keep them informed of their (the parents) whereabouts at all times. A bit awkward if we were having a wander around the ship, so we just told them "poolside" every time.

I know it differs by company, but i have personally experienced ncl on a few occasions.

children under 10 must be signed in and out by parents

10-12 years- parents have the option. if you want to allow them to sign in and out on their own they can but they must be in the club a minimum if 2 hours before they can sign themselves out and the ship must be at sea. Alternatively parents sign in and out as normal. The staff know this by the colour band the child is wearing.

i quieried about them knowing my location as we wanted to wander around the ship and did not want to be tied to one place, the staff member said that they needed to know a location incase of an emergency so they could find us, so to give the most likely place and to call them should it be different.

:)

I can understand why the younger ones should be signed in& out,but  our daughter will be almost 13 so at secondary school,P&O will not change the rules though.