Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forum Admin

Please Keep This Forum Friendly!!

80 posts in this topic

Hi All

Following a few posts that have been reported to us, we'd just like to reiterate that this forum is a friendly place for like-minded people to share cruise experiences. This is a community of people who care about cruising and we want to keep things friendly. Offensive and inappropriate comments are not permitted and this behaviour may result in a warning or removal. We are all the keepers of this community, so let's work together to keep the forum informative, fun, friendly and most of all a welcoming environment for all.

Best regards

My experience on this site has been very positive to date, so many lovely fellow cruisers.  I have picked up some invaluable information from the best sources.  In saying that it is comforting that we are being looked after & any unwelcome or derogatory comments are being monitored.

Thank you :) 

Well said Admin. This is a great forum where we are lucky enough to have several members who have done 50+ cruises with 10+ cruise lines all over the world. Their knowledge is invaluable. Also members who are excellent photographers and able to add these photographs to make their posts and others stand out. I just wish my camera was that good. Long may it continue.

I agree! There are one or two forum members spoiling it for everyone else and are making me feel uncomfortable with their childish & argumentative behaviour!! I seriously cannot believe some people have so much time on their hands to constantly hang around 'online' picking fault with others, I thought our 'like-minded' members were friendly, intellectual cruisers but obviously that doesn't appear to apply to everyone, its a shame really. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about members experiences and photos too so hopefully this will stop the problem. Well done admin.

I also agree well said Admin.

Surely it matters not how many cruises or cruiselines a member has cruised with, all members posts of their experiences should be equally invaluable providing they are posted in a friendly manner and are not offensive or belittling.

As for photo's it is often the person taking the photo not the camera they use.

it is good to see people posting photos on the forum and not everyone is a professional photographer, some of the funiest photo's are those taken by accident, keep it friendly post some funny photo's, we can all appreciate the humour and have a laugh(it's the best medicine ever!!!!!!!)

I also agree well said Admin.

Surely it matters not how many cruises or cruiselines a member has cruised with, all members posts of their experiences should be equally invaluable providing they are posted in a friendly manner and are not offensive or belittling.

As for photo's it is often the person taking the photo not the camera they use.

Good morning Pyewacket,

Whilst I agree that all experiences are valuable information I believe that the more experienced you become with different cruise lines and the more cruises you go on the better information you are able to supply to people who seek information. This is why people book with Bolsover with their vast experience as opposed to another firm who may not have that experience.

As for photos it does not matter how accomplished a person is with a camera, a small pocket digital will never compete with one of the top range professional units.

Good morning Pyewacket,

Whilst I agree that all experiences are valuable information I believe that the more experienced you become with different cruise lines and the more cruises you go on the better information you are able to supply to people who seek information. This is why people book with Bolsover with their vast experience as opposed to another firm who may not have that experience.

As for photos it does not matter how accomplished a person is with a camera, a small pocket digital will never compete with one of the top range professional units.

I'm not disputing anyone's cruising experience, surely all experiences are invaluable, although some members may have a wider experience it does not necessarily mean they will give better information.

It depends on how that information is presented which I think is what the opening post was referring to.

Some seem to want to try and belittle others who may have less experience, just keep it friendly is what is being asked of all.

I did not realise we had to compete re quality of photographs, surely at the end of the day it matters not which camera a person uses. To make a comparison. it is similar to being presented with a lovely meal, you don't comment on the cooker, you compliment the chef or the person who cooked it.

As Cruise Chef posted "not everyone is a professional photographer some of the funniest photo's are those taken by accident, again keep it friendly"

Although I would still maintain, a professional photographer with a small point and shoot is more likely to produce better results than an amateur with a top of the range camera. Thankfully on the forum there is no indication as to the camera used, just photographs we can all enjoy irrespective of the posters experience.

Someone has already said they are scared to post on some threads, I'm afraid I feel the same and that isn't how it should be, so once again well done Admin for recognising there could be a potential problem and nipping it in the bud.

Oldworldtraveller likes this

Never be scared or afraid to post Pyewacket. You, like all of us are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else. At times people will disagree with what you say but that is normal in life. I know what it is like to be at the brunt of someone's nastiness and would not wish it on anyone. The problem with forums is that usually you do not know the person you are corresponding with so you don't know what they are normally like. Also some people write a comment and to the reader it sounds aggressive when that is the last thing the writer intended. As the saying goes 'It's not what you say but the way you say it'.  I consider myself lucky that I know personally quite a few of the people on this forum so when one of them disagrees with something I have written I take it in a different light as to someone I don't know. Anyway, enough from me and again well done Admin. Here's to a very happy forum.

"As the saying goes 'It's not what you say but the way you say it'. 

I agree that different posters will read the same post in many different ways but it's also forum etiquette to attack the post and not the poster...if we all keep to that ethos then there shouldn't be a problem.

I run a sports site and at times it gets a bit heated, and mostly because someone disagrees what another poster had said, we are all entitled to opinions and should not be insulted for disagreeing  with someone. That to me is what a forum is about for one to exprexx "Their Opinion" with being insulted for what they think. After all it is a forum and thats what forums are about expression, information exchange, hint tips whatever. well done admin. :)  

Have we been naughty?….

If so, where is the naughty step?

I think that generally there aren't any too contentious posts and that admin do a good job of policing the forum for want of a better description.  :)

Before my time, but clearly some things have been brought to admin's attention and they have issued a gentle general 'warning'. So the authors of iffy posts now know the score don't they? It's a good thing, well done admin.

Totally agree, people are more friendly on here, and not so agressive as the forum i run for a prem league football club, I was the owner, then handed it over to someone a bit younger, but am still on admin, if only that was as friendly as this. ;)  

You want to do what other sites do and give them warnings if they get too aggressive. You could have a 3 strikes and you are out sort of thing… Although you probably have something like that in place anyway.