Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suenneil

Nile And Ancient Egypt

10 posts in this topic

It's a shame about all the trouble in Egypt as the best cruise we have done is a week long Nile cruise.

We started in Luxor, down to Aswan and back. The guide started with temples and sites at 2000+BC coming forwards to approx 50AD and he brought history to life.

Would love to do Lake Nassar but only when our foreign office say its safe to travel.

Hi  I agree with your assessment of a Nile cruise.  I did a similar cruise last January/Feburary and enjoyed it, the timing was prefect - between the troubles and the temperature was prefect for sightseeing around the low 70'sF.

The Hurghada area of the Red Sea situated on the Gulf of Suez is an area that I have a soft spot for. The weather is fabulous all year round, the people very friendly and everything is so inexpensive compared with the UK. Personally I love watching the sun sink as a great ball of fire behind the mountains of the desert each evening. The sea that varies in shades of blue from turquoise to dark. The night time when shops, souks etc. become alive with people and music that is so reminiscent of North Africa. There is so much to see and do. I was sorry to come home but look forward to my next visit, possibly in February.

I've only done the "ancient" Egypt bit - the Pyramids of Giza and Cairo. Absolutely fascinating. :o

Several years ago I was booked on a Nile cruise but had to cancel because I picked up the Norovirus the day I was to travel. Never did arrange another one. :(

cheers

Harvey

We have done Cairo, Aswan and Luxor but used the overnight train between the cities. We loved it but the heat in Aswan! Huff!

Could I just say that I returned from Egypt and the Red Sea last night. No sign of any troubles. The main problems appear to be in northern Sinai which is a long way from the Nile.

I can agree with you OldWorldTraveller.

I had a week's Scuba Diving in September at Sharm El Sheikh and never a sniff of trouble.

Luxor is superb. We did a private day excursion from Safaga last November...

8739714792_5db113b551_z.jpg

11169950615_b367a21ac0_z.jpg

I really must write a review of that visit.