Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JackSparrow

Why do they not sail from the UK?

5 posts in this topic

So I was planning a family cruise next year with Carnival until I just found out that they are not sailing out of the UK anymore. I find this really disappointing as they look like excellent ships for kids.

Does anybody have any experience cruising with Carnival?

Is it worth adding a flight to my holiday to sail with them?

Thanks

Jack

I’m surprised they made this decision after what seemed like a pretty successful advertising campaign earlier this year. From all of the cruise adverts I have seen on TV, including Royal Caribbean, Carnival's definitely promoted cruise to a younger, non-traditional market the best.

I haven’t sailed with Carnival, so I can’t really recommend them but they look like great fun.

Some friends of mine sailed with them last year and loved it.  They said the service was really good, something that Carnival get a bit of stick for some times it seems.  Cant fault the look of the ships though, especially for kids and families, it looks really good. 

With P&O , Cunard & Princess working the UK from the Carnival group, having another group member competing for the same market would not make sense from a corporate view.

I don't really think it has anything to do with them being another Carnival Corp. member as they all operate as separate companies but more about the established competition and that competition bringing extra ships to the UK next year. They also know that by basing their ships in the 'sunshine' it is likely to attract the younger element who don't want 4/5 days of a 15/18 day holiday in 'grey water'.