Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jazbell67

Cruise Reviews

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any views on Oceania Cruises. I have saw a cruise for next year and can't find any info.

I would like data on food, entertainment cabins and value for money.

Does anyone have any views on Oceania Cruises. I have saw a cruise for next year and can't find any info.

I would like data on food, entertainment cabins and value for money.

Good Morning Jazbell.

It was exactly 12 months ago that my wife and I were on board the Oceania Nautica on a 23 night cruise from Istanbul to Dubai...

You can read my full review here...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/21/oceania-nautica-dawn-of-civilisation-cruise/

The  Nautica is a  684 passenger smaller style cruise ship which Oceania boasts has a definite ambiance of a private ‘Country Club’: casual yet elegant;  intimate and well refined. With 400 crew of a truly cosmopolitan mixture, this gives a very healthy passenger/staff ratio.  Oceania utilises this  factor, along with a brochure  boast of the finest food at sea, with their banner headline ‘Your World, Your Way’.

8741152952_cbac5f1f76_z.jpg

On board you will experience a convivial ambiance and an uncompromising quality that exudes both a sense of elegance and comfort.

8934934050_9d17fc2579_z.jpg

The main entertainment venue is The Nautica Lounge, a comfortable venue easily described as a ‘show lounge...

8926388017_3420b3cdf7_z.jpg

Variety shows are staged by the small but professional entertainment team however the sophisticated ambiance of Oceania Cruises dictates that enrichment weighs equally within the ship’s entertainment programme.  A cocktail pianist entertained in The Martini bar each evening as did  the Quadrivium String Quartet give evening  recitals in the Upper Hall.  The Fiesta Dance Band provided music for just that in Horizons.

Food is high on the expectations of Oceania's passengers and they will not be disappointed...

8933195469_f96bb970d2_z.jpg

8739710116_0a64b04950_z.jpg

as the quality and standard of service is far superior to your average cruise ship 'main dining restaurants'.

Oceania has four cruise ships all in the medium to small category. 

I think this next photograph sums Oceania cruises very nicely...Look at the time on the clock and note how 'crowded' the pool deck is....

8739707970_168115cb10_z.jpg

As for value for money the simple answer is 'Yes'. As with all cruising, you get what you pay for.

Should you have any further questions I would be delighted to answer them if at all possible.