Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sista

Excursions in St Petersburg

6 posts in this topic

Hi

Has anyone got any recommendations of which excusrions to do in St Petersburg ? they seems very expensive but i know if you do your own thing you have to get a visa :(

I did st petes a few years ago with P&O, we did a fab excursion i think it was called hidden scenes? it was brill they took us on the metro and to a traditional russian market and tea room. i think it was about £40 pp for around 4 hours but worth it cos we got to see russian real life not just hurried around the tourist attractions!

We also did the highlights tour, because it is so big it was a great way to see all the main attractios in a day. again i think this was about £40 pp

when are you going?

We went to the Heritage in the evening. Was very expensive but so worth it. We were the only ones in the building with a concert and champagne reception to finish the night. Loved it!

i think with excursions in Russia regardles of cost it's well worth pre booking with the cruise company mainly to cover for the visa and also from a safety aspect, after all it's more than likley going to be a one off that you visit that area.

Trouble with St Petersburg is there are so many fabulous trips and you have to go two or three times to embrace them all. There are those in the centre such as the Hermitage, the Cathedrls, the river cruise etc and those outside such as the various palaces. Although dear they are well worth it as they are a unique experience. My favourites were the Cathedrals and the Hermitage and as somebody else has said the one in the evening including a private visit and ballet in the theatre is mind blowing .....very dear but you one of the evenings you will never ever forget.