Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ahoy

Exotic Cruises

5 posts in this topic

Hi  Many cruises I have undertaken in the past would have at one time been considered by some to be exotic (Hawaii, South America and dare I say the Caribbean twenty five years ago).  These places for many of today's tourists are common place, I don't think many places are really considered exotic these days except Antarctica and the probably the Galapagos ( I haven't been to either), The world is definitely becoming a smaller place!

It is becoming a lot smaller place, I would really love to go to Hawaii its somewhere i have never been but would love to go, what did you think to Hawaii and have you ever been to Tahiti??

It is becoming a lot smaller place, I would really love to go to Hawaii its somewhere i have never been but would love to go, what did you think to Hawaii and have you ever been to Tahiti??

Hi  I enjoyed the cruise, we sailed from LA and back (eight sea days) if you don't like sea days you probably wouldn't enjoy this itinerary but with NCL you can sail directly from Honolulu.  I was disappointed with Honolulu it was a concrete jungle but with a nice beach.  I should have listened to the lyrics of the song Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell (in 1970 she wrote this song about the destruction of this paradise by property developers and it's  probably alot worse now).   However, I loved Maui it was the Hawaiian Island I was expecting.  Other highlights included the volcanic areas, Pearl Harbour (a sombre but rewarding experieince). I haven't visited any of the other Pacific Island Groups.

The most exotic and interesting cruise we did was a repositioning cruise on Diamond Princess.

The cruise started in Vancouver and then to Alaska.

Across the Pacific to Muroran in Japan where we were the first cruise ship to visit after the Nuclear problems - what an experience - the locals were so polite, friendly and appreciative of the support, not only from the ship but for the aid from everyone in our different countries. Nothing was too much trouble for them, the schools were performing arts and crafts (and giving away their works), food and drinks were supplied for free and they would send postcards home for you for free as well.

Next stop was Vladivostok, which was nothing like the stereotypical images we held of the old USSR. A bit run down in places but there was a lot of work being done and the locals again we so friendly. Many of the kids and teenagers wanted to practice their English.

Busan in South Korea was next, which we found quite dull, although the locals put on  an excellent music and dance show on the quayside.

The cruise finished in Beijing where we were able to visit the Great Wall, where, although we had been before, it was still an awesome experience.

All in all this was our most exotic, unusual and memorable cruise, where we were able to visit some unusual places, taste different cultures and encounter all sorts of weather.