Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Land Ahoy

Which Cruise Line/ship Would You Like To Experience?

17 posts in this topic

Hi  There are many new and old cruise ships belonging to a host of different cruise lines, each having their own distinct ambience.  Is there any cruise line/ship you would like to try and why haven't you already done so?   I would like to  try the Regent cruise line experience to complete the set of the English speaking luxury cruise market I have previously sailed with (namely Crystal, Seabourn and Silversea, I should really add Europa 2 to the list).  My failure to book a cruise with this company is that I am usaully a single cruiser and I haven't seen a good offer for solo occupancy rates with this cruise line.

I would like to try the star clippers or windstar, seen them in port a few times and they look very interesting and like a lot of fun. then again any that you could do watersports off the back of would be pretty cool :)

I'd love to try Hapag Lloyd's Europa 2 (I saw a review of this recently and it looked fab).  I'd also like to try Azamara and, on the lower-end of things, Royal Caribbean and NCL.

I suspect I'll try NCL and Royal Caribbean if I get a cheap-last minute deal to give them a go.  I think I'll try Azamara when I come to do the Vietnam and Thailand cruise in a few years.  I have no current plans to try Europa 2, but we'll see!

I really want to go on Oasis or Allure of the Seas with Royal Caribbean, NCL Epic & the forthcoming Anthem of the Sea's. I also would love to go on the Celebrity Reflection!

blondie likes this

i would love to experience viking river cruises, and the luxury liners, like silversea.

Hi  If you would like to try the 6* ocean cruise ships avoid Viking try Uniworld instead.  PS Nothing wrong with Viking but the experience doesn't compare to the other line, I supppose it does pay to advertise on TV.

I would really like to try Oceania Cruises, I've seen quite a lot about them of late and like the look of their ships, particularly the newer builds Marina and Riviera.  

Hi  I would try Oceania but I would prefer their smaller ships, I have seen the ships in ports and I can say they aren't the  most attractive of  vessels

Well I would be spoilt for choice, I would like to sail the Antartica on Seabourn, Anthem of the Seas for gadgets but next year I'm having a year out from cruising to visit specific destinations. Maybe something new will come along which entice's me even more

The dream was to do a two way Atlantic crossing on the queen in one of the grill suites, also would love to do Seabourn, Silversea And having read the reviews as others have said Europa, just a slight problem it's called available cash flow

I want to try Cunard. I would love to try Silversea, Regent or one of the 6* cruiselines, I just have to wait until they do roundtrips from Southampton. (Yes I know I'll have a long wait)rolleyes.gif

We would like to take a Cunard ship from the States to England and spend a week or so there and take another Cunard ship back to the States.

Another line we would love to try one day would be Oceania.

JH327 likes this

I'm thinking next year we might sail from Cape Liberty on the Anthem of the Seas and visit the pink beaches in Bermuda plus a couple of nights in the Big APPLE! Anyone else done this sort of thing?

I last posted on this in 2014 but having seen it pop up in recent topics again, it's interesting how my views have changed. Right now I would love to try Seabourn, particularly Sojourn, Odyssey or perhaps the new ship. I also love the look of Crystal Cruises' new look ship for 2017. If we're talking pipe dreams then these two would be top of my list. I say pipe dreams, I have every intention of fulfilling those dreams in the future but for now, I would say that I'd like to try Holland America's new Koningsdam and I'd also be interested in NCL's Escape. Two very different styles of cruising but I'm just a fan of being at sea and sampling different cruise lines.

I would love to cruise on Titanic 2, but I doubt it will ever be built.

For those who don't know, multi billionaire Clive Palmer proposed building a replica of the doomed ship. Just Google Titanic 2 to find out more.

When (and if) we get round to river cruising, we intend it to be with Scenic. This is principally because the company impressed us when we toured Australia with them 2 years ago. We also favour their all-inclusive type of offering.

DavidH