Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Solent Richard

Norwegian Dining

15 posts in this topic

On the promotional material for their new ship Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Cruise Line boast 27 Dining options. 

That is some selection and will certainly be a challenge for the regular 3,969 passengers they hope to sail regularly out of Miami with for their ONE WEEK Voyages.

One week?  Well I popped over to their itinerary planner and, sure enough, Norwegian Getaway has a programme of 7 day cruises out of Miami calling at Miami, Philipsburg, St. Thomas ,Nassau running weekly from 8 February 2014 to 25 April 2015.

Considering my wife and I had a conflict of interest as to where we should dine on just one night I think for some their is a challenge ahead.

Of course not all dining venues are 'complimentary'.  Cover charges in many of the 'speciality' dining venues range from $15.00 per person in La Cucina Italian Restaurant...

11962464355_75e94a3710_z.jpg

to a whopping $49.00 in Ocean Blue Seafood Restaurant.

Others, including the Raw Bar...

11977209085_436192cb48_z.jpg

and Wasabi...

11978043466_0c4d162559_z.jpg

are priced a la carte.

Not to worry folks, the usual Norwegian Cruise Line named 'complimentary' dining venues are scattered around the ship and at least breakfast looked pretty standard in the Garden Cafe (Buffet) 

11978045706_e2ae1c926c_z.jpg

...even though the usual bun fight for a seat was apparent...

11977211245_40f6e21fca_z.jpg

That reminds me, its breakfast time here too. 

More to follow.   ;)   ;)

tigerlilly likes this

Hi Solent Richard,

I added a post on another thread yesterday regarding NCL's new 'Ultimate Dining Package', whereby you pay a supplement and can dine in any of their various a la carte restaurants every night of the week! Approx $118pp for a one week cruise.

I read the news feature on this website http://www.bolsoverc...dining-package/

Hi  The a la catre dining package appears to be good value (providing that all the venues are available always read the small print).  However, I suspect that to eat well during the day (breakfast and lunch) you will still have to add to your onboard credit to pay for freshly orange/smoothies etc. 

Hi Solent Richard,

I added a post on another thread yesterday regarding NCL's new 'Ultimate Dining Package', whereby you pay a supplement and can dine in any of their various a la carte restaurants every night of the week! Approx $118pp for a one week cruise.

I read the news feature on this website http://www.bolsoverc...dining-package/

Thanks for that Kerry.

I read it with interest.

Hi  The a la catre dining package appears to be good value (providing that all the venues are available always read the small print).  However, I suspect that to eat well during the day (breakfast and lunch) you will still have to add to your onboard credit to pay for freshly orange/smoothies etc. 

Very observant Land Ahoy. The devil, I expect, is in the detail.

For instance Ocean Blue and the  'a la carte' restaurants are not mentioned in Kerry's link.

Many of the speciality restaurants and one or two bars have seating areas on the Getaway's Deck 8 'Waterfront' feature.

Not exactly suited to the English Channel in January but guaranteed to be popular in the Caribbean on a balmy evening...

11978043286_084e470076_z.jpg

11977208835_6fe1bc1bd7_z.jpg

tigerlilly likes this

I love the pictures.

Thank you. I always feel they make threads more interesting.

I appreciate some folk don't like having themselves photographed but surely that doesn't preclude shots of interest around the ship.

Two more venues for Dining that both carry a cover charge,  Moderno Churrascaria...

11977210935_e7bc933940_z.jpg

at $20.00 per head.

And Cagney's...

11963302176_42ff88872d_z.jpg

at $30.00 per head.

I liked the system of electronic information boards around the ship, keeping passengers informed of the dining room availability and usage...

11977510763_2e5b0899e6_z.jpg 

Matilda_1 likes this

Definitely agree I'd find it a struggle to decide between so many different dining venues aboard a 7 night sailing but have to admit, it does look pretty impressive.  The electronic information boards around the ship are a great idea and can imagine make it much easier for passengers to decipher when a table would be available and how much.  The Teppanyaki Restaurant looks fantastic.  Very jealous, would have loved to have sampled this ship for the night, even in the cool temperatures of the Channel in January.

I'm loving the electronic information boards showing you the availability of the restaurants, what a wonderful idea.

They served us well. We noticed a steady build up in the Tropicana and moved early from our perches at the Mixx Bar.

Good move.