Culinary Corner: AmaWaterways Waffles
Traditionally, Belgian waffles are meant to be eaten as street food, but in the absence of a weekend break in Bruges, we’re bring the magic to your kitchens instead. Waffles are synonymous with short break cruises that leave your jeans that bit tighter come Monday morning and this version by AmaWaterways offers the true taste of a Belgian break.
Makes 4-6 servings
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Oil the waffle maker
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, separate the egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Mix together the egg yolks, milk, oil, and vanilla, stir slightly.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Cook in waffle iron on medium-high heat for around 5-10 minutes.