1. You hate Mondays. And Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays…weekdays.
2. Bank holidays feel like a gift from God. Three days? For me? No work for THREE DAYS? Pub lunches instead of packed lunches and beer gardens instead of desks? Praise the lord! There’s another at the end of May, hang on in there people (and maybe book a mini cruise to make the most of the second-to-last Bank Holiday of the year).
3. You’ve upped your gym game and looked at bikinis online…just in case.
4. You have whipped off the black opaque tights in the hope that you can somehow will the sun to appear. You can’t, it’s still only 8 degrees. In May.
5. You’ve started angrily deleting any emails that dare to even mention the H word in the subject line. ‘Where will your next HOLIDAY take you’, ‘Rebecca, you deserve a HOLIDAY’, ‘Are you HOLIDAY ready?’ GO AWAY YOU EVIL HOLIDAY TOTING DEMONS!
6. You no longer look at photos as memories of good times, but as reminders of a place that exists far beyond reach, a billion-trillion miles away from wherever you are now.
7. Seven friends have already fallen foul of your new ‘delete anyone who posts holiday pics on Facebook’ policy.
8. You are prepared to risk the wrath of the IT department to replace the generic company screensaver with an image of a tropical paradise island. Fearless.
9. Your Sunday night dread is now worsened with Fake Tan Fear; the anxiety that comes with impending streaks in the fake tan you have to apply, in order to blend in with your colleague who is returning from their second holiday of the year.
10. Your suitcase is buried so deep in the loft, it would take a chain gang to dig it out.