Bolsover Cruise Club is very proud to announce the launch of the world’s most exclusive round-the-world cruise, specifically tailored at fans of the silver screen.
Taking in the set-locations of 13 all-time great films across more than 10 countries, this one-of-a-kind package is priced at £104,000* – however money alone will not book you passage**.
The Movie Lover’s package is not available to just anyone, and instead travellers must first prove themselves worthy by passing a movie knowledge entrance exam before they can secure their voyage.
To ensure this drama-packed journey is kept only for avid fans of the silver screen, Bolsover teamed up with the UK’s number one film blog, FlickeringMyth.com, to create the below 16-question entrance exam. Click here to see the full itinerary.
Movie Lover entrance exam
Those interested booking the Movie Lover should send their answers to [email protected] Fourteen correct answers are required to be eligible for the cruise.
1. In Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man, Peter Parker wrestles Bone Saw McGraw in a steel cage match to earn some extra money. He’s billed by the announcer as ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’, but what name does Peter originally suggest?
2. In The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, the character of Tuco is wanted by the authorities in how many counties?
3. In Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope, how many ships survive the Battle of Yavin following the destruction of the Death Star?
4. In Ian Fleming’s Casino Royale novel, Bond encounters Le Chiffre at the fictional Royale-les-Eaux casino in France. However, in the movie, the casino is located which country?
5. What is the name of the members’ club that Bond visits during his Bahamas sabbatical in Casino Royale?
6. Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings trilogy begins with an opening monologue from Cate Blanchett’s Galadriel. But who is the first character to actually speak on screen?
7. In Pretty Woman, what is the real-life name of the boutique where cashiers refuse to serve Vivian, making a “big mistake… huge”?
8. In the classic scene in Pretty Woman where Edward (Richard Gere) snaps the jewellery box on Vivian’s fingers, how much does he say the necklace he has borrowed is worth?
9. The CGI model used for the exteriors of the Vatican in Angels & Demons was repurposed for a brief scene in which other 2009 movie?
10. In Jaws, Richard Dreyfuss’ Hooper explains that his interest in studying sharks first began when he accidentally caught a baby shark that panicked and destroyed his boat. What species of shark did he catch?
11. In The Godfather, Michael Corleone served in the Marines in the Pacific during World War II, and was awarded which medal for his bravery in battle?
12. Fleeing to Palermo after murdering Virgil Sollozzo and Captain McCluskey in The Godfather, Michael Corleone is granted refuge by Don Tommasino, who allows him to stay at his uncle’s villa located near which Sicilian town?
13. What is the name of the phony production company that the CIA set up in order to serve as cover for their fake science fiction film at the heart of the mission to exfiltrate the embassy staff in Argo.
14. On which Thai Island does Richard (Leonardo DiCaprio) first encounter the two American surfers in The Beach?
15. In the opening scene of Mamma Mia, Sophie Sheridan (Amanda Seyfried) posts wedding invitations to her three potential fathers Sam Carmichael (Pierce Brosnan), Bill Anderson (Stellar Skarsgard) and Harry Bright (Colin Firth). What three cities do they reside in?
16. In Jurassic World, InGen creates the hybrid Indominus Rex using the genes of several species. Which of these allows the dinosaur’s skin to change colour?
*Based on 2016 flight costs. Price subject to change
** Bolsover will accept guests who do not pass the test on a case by case basis