Ventura 2/3/23 – 35 nights
J Davenport | April 8, 2023 | P&O Cruises | Ventura
Disappointing cruise. Have cruised with P&O for 10 years & think we will give them a miss for a while & hope they get their act together. So many issues, could go on & on but the main ones were:
*2 hour embarkation, standing all the time, with half of it in the freezing cold.
* Noise in the cabin (Deluxe D506), which took them 5 nights to resolve. Apparently it was a hydraulic pump, something to do with the life boat below, went off every 3 minutes for 12 seconds for hours on end. It started again towards the end of the holiday.
* Food in main dining room poor, unimaginative & repetitive.
* Glass House not open for food – very poor on a 35 night cruise, especially when the MDR food was so disappointing.
* The US immigration proceedings in New Orleans was a shambles. We were on a 9.00am excursion but were late due to how P&O organised the queuing.
* Some of the excursions were dire & poor value.
Shame to say but for the first time in many cruises, we were not impressed.
The good and the bad
Having just finished a cruise on the Azura which we thoroughly enjoyed I would make the following observations. They have… Read more
Great cruise but a valuable day in Vienna lost to shoddy planning
The hotel in Vienna proved to be just right for us being quiet and well placed for the botanic gardens… Read more
Ups and downs of cruising.
The start and end of the cruise has been difficult. Actually the start problem was not with the cruise at… Read more
A Brilliant short cruise except for the sore feet
A short cruise to Amsterdam. Service was excellent all round. The food was good, excellent in Sindhu. We were in… Read more
Value for money
Western Med and Balearics. Excellent service starting from collection from home. Ship and our “standard cabin” was extremely comfortable and… Read more