Sign in to follow this  
samfox01

why dont cruise companies promote single offers?

I know what you mean with this, it must drive single passengers crazy.  I was talking about this with someone on here the other day, ive noticed P&O seem to be adding more single cabins to their ships lately and i hear fred olsen are good for single passengers as well, again offering single cabins so keeps cost down rather than paying ridiculous money

I keep getting promotions from P&O.  The thing that annoys me is that all the offeres are geared to 2 people travelling.  Surely from my bookings and my loyalty club membership P&O can dee I am a single traveller so why can't they gear their promotiong to the best single deals.  As for adding single cabins to ships, yes Azura has single cabins, Ventura is getting them and when Oriana went in for a refit they addes some single cabins/  Yes some single cabins - I believe 2, yes 2, wow.

Capn Bob

I have cruised many times since my husband passed away, always on my own and always had a Superior outside twin cabin. I have never

had to pay any supplement with Fred Olsen or Swan Hellenic. Off on Saturday for 35 days with Fred Olsen.

They might be adding single cabins but they are not cost effective when you compare the price to that of a similar cabin and paying the single supplement. The locations of single cabins are also in the most silly of places i.e. right at the front of the ship, by the crows nest etc etc.

It is worth doing your homework on prices.

There is a cruise agent that does promote single travel bargains, however it would be bad form for me to mention the name here. There is also a company called 'Solos' and they have a cruise section. This year both Fred Olsen and MSC have promoted cabins without supplement for solo travellers. Even the QM2 is having 18 single cabins fitted next year.

My single friend mentioned recently that Cunard were offering some of there Transatlantic voyages on Queen Mary 2 for single passengers at massively reduced rates (I think only £100 more than the twin fare), he was gutted as has already booked to go away!!

Guest Solent Richard

My single friend mentioned recently that Cunard were offering some of there Transatlantic voyages on Queen Mary 2 for single passengers at massively reduced rates (I think only £100 more than the twin fare), he was gutted as has already booked to go away!!

I did just that in November 2013. Got a good deal for a double Grand lobby view stateroom...

10964429944_0f49d04c5f_z.jpg

...and then was upgraded to Britannia Club...

10981688244_4360aed638_z.jpg

Probably something to do with my 'We Are Cunard' banner though some may disagree. biggrin.png biggrin.png

Guest Solent Richard

There is a cruise agent that does promote single travel bargains, however it would be bad form for me to mention the name here. There is also a company called 'Solos' and they have a cruise section. This year both Fred Olsen and MSC have promoted cabins without supplement for solo travellers. Even the QM2 is having 18 single cabins fitted next year.

Ah, but aren't they 'promoting' them much nearer the cruise in an effort to sell unwanted cabins?

I may be wrong but that's how I see it.