seawitch

Leaflet Flood

For the first time in 12 years we have not got a cruise booked, Partly because we are having trouble finding a cruise that fits in with dates, and partly because we have rented a French property for the summer holidays to take our grown up family with us. The cruise companies /travel agents are trying very hard.We get at least one advertiser every day. This morning I received 17 cruise brochures through the post all different. I can't remember when we last booked from a brochure or leaflet, and when there are so many they just go in the bin because I havn't time to look at them all, anyone else getting loads?

For the first time in 12 years we have not got a cruise booked, Partly because we are having trouble finding a cruise that fits in with dates, and partly because we have rented a French property for the summer holidays to take our grown up family with us. The cruise companies /travel agents are trying very hard.We get at least one advertiser every day. This morning I received 17 cruise brochures through the post all different. I can't remember when we last booked from a brochure or leaflet, and when there are so many they just go in the bin because I havn't time to look at them all, anyone else getting loads?

Yes Seawitch we have also had numerous mail shots in the last 2 weeks from the cruise lines we have sailed with , however we have not had 17 in one day ! I find that we mostly get 2 of everything as loyalty members of the various cruise lines we have sailed with in the past and of course have individual loyalty numbers.. Over the last 2 weeks we have received them from Azamara, Celebrity , Holland America , Princess , NCL , Regent , and Various mail shots from P & O.

I still get a couple of brochures from one TA, but have asked them to stop.

I know what I want and am quite capable of doing research into itineraries (with the odd suggestion by email marketing).  I certainly don't need half a forest landing on my doormat.  In the digital age is there any need for such a wasteful medium?  It wouldn't encourage me to book in the slightest.

I still get a couple of brochures from one TA, but have asked them to stop.

I know what I want and am quite capable of doing research into itineraries (with the odd suggestion by email marketing).  I certainly don't need half a forest landing on my doormat.  In the digital age is there any need for such a wasteful medium?  It wouldn't encourage me to book in the slightest.

I agree & they could definitely reduce their marketing costs !

As most of the brochures come from either the travel agents or the cruise lines that you have cruised with one would have thought it would be better just to email highlights of cruises available… less stress on trees…. and the postman's back if you are inundated with them.

17 brochures in one day? :/ That's unbelievable.

I simply opt for emails only whenever I sign up to anything. Although I have to admit I have been drawn to book holidays a few times from well produced leaflets! It's just not the same looking on a screen as an attractive glossy brochure.

I am going to go against most of the above.  I like the mailings & offers through the post admittedly I have only registered my details with Bolsover so only get a few things a week.  I like to receive them & see what is happening even if I can’t book anything.  Sooner have a postcard from Bolsover than a bill.

Hi  I do get a substantial "cruise related material" probably around ten a week most goes in the re-cycle bin unopened.  I have a booked a cruise from just one of these "junk mail" cruise flyers - it was a tailored made cruise itinerary (Hawaii + stay in Las Vegas).