Sign in to follow this  
buddy

Costa Concordia

Hard to believe it was Jan 2012 when this awful tragedy happened.

Thank goodness cruises have a great safety record as at the time I'm sure it would have put first times cruises off.

Hope the salvage operation goes well

Me to, watched a film yesterday ironically were the concordia is on the news in the background, Taken 2.  Seems like such a long time ago now.  i'm sure it'll never happen againb but even before the incident i wouldnt have booked with costa, give me P&O, Royal Caribbean or Celebrity any day.

apparently in order to do it they have to release 26,000 tonns of water from the ship as it comes upright but that will be replaced with another 40,000 tonns as it flips over, sounds like a pretty amazing operation their gonna have to do

apparently in order to do it they have to release 26,000 tonns of water from the ship as it comes upright but that will be replaced with another 40,000 tonns as it flips over, sounds like a pretty amazing operation their gonna have to do

what a nightmare operation to try to do! does anyone know what they are going to do with her when she is afloat? surely they will not still sail her?? i doubt they will get anytakers!