Molly10

Smoking

I love cruising absolutely hooked and always book a balcony but the no smoking anymore on your balcony is not good. I appreciate that non smokers wouldn't.agree. But is not going to encourage people to discreetly smoke and throw end overboard ?

I don't see why they could not keep a number of cabins available for those that do or even cabins on one side of the ship. Feels like we are being penalised.

Welcome to the forum Molly… there are quite a few threads on the subject of smoking on balconies which you might find interesting reading… But Please do read too much into it whereby it upsets you…

It might be an idea to write to the cruise operative of your views on the subject, as I believe quite a few of the smokers have, and see how they reply.

The idea that you have suggested has been written on the forum before…

Happy cruising….

:)  

Oh no!  There is a very active thread on this topic already.  Here's a link:  http://www.cruiseclubforum.com/topic/334-smoking-on-balconies/?hl=smoking

Welcome to the forum, and feel free to chip in.  It's always fun.  Smoker's will always argue for their right to poison others' environments, and non-smokers will always argue for the right not to be slowly murdered by those in the cabin next door.  It's pretty much a stale-mate, but at least legislation is going in the right direction!

You can probably tell which side I'm on...

Guest Lulucat

Welcome to the forum Molly - there have been previous posts on Smoking - and I am quite sure there will be more - don't you worry that this has already been discussed.

As a non-smoker I agree with you, but I may be in the minority.   

There are those who like to smoke, those who like to drink, those who like to eat, and those who like to be critical.

Each to his own, is my philosophy.

Think that we all participate in activities that offends someone, somewhere.

Easy targets.  ;) Ron

So true Ron. As targets go - smokers are certainly easy. Unhealthy, costly, anti-social. One could possibly add intellectually challenged too to continue with such an obvious negative indulgence.  B)

cheers

Harvey

My goodness - it really is easy to make fun of smokers. ;)

Does a 1st class honours in Geo-physics count as being intellectually challenged Harvey?

Some people can pass exams but have no common sense. :rolleyes:

cheers

Harvey

Harvey,

You really surprise me with some of your sarcastic replies, I used to respect your comments but that respect has gone out of the window, I did not realize that this forum was to make fun of peoples replies no matter how light-hearted peoples replies where,maybe everbody should run there replies past you for approval first. :( Ron

Harvey,

You really surprise me with some of your sarcastic replies, I used to respect your comments but that respect has gone out of the window, I did not realize that this forum was to make fun of peoples replies no matter how light-hearted peoples replies where,maybe everbody should run there replies past you for approval first. :( Ron

Relax Ron. It's only a bit of fun - don't be so touchy. 'Smoking' threads are always a bit 'special' and are only for the thick skinned. Others of a delicate nature really shouldn't participate. 

I must say that I'm at a loss as to what you mean by your last sentence - was it meant to be sarcastic? ;)

cheers

Harvey

By all means TPP - start an anti-drinking thread. Thing is - moderate drinking is sometimes advocated as 'good for you' by the medical profession. Moderate smoking doesn't have that accreditation.

By the way - I only do one - I used to do both. ;)

cheers

Harvey

Harvey,

I will let the moderator decide

Ron

There are quite a lot of doctors that smoke….. it seems a question of do as I say and not as I do….  :wacko:

Quite correct TPP.

As I said earlier TPP - some people can pass exams but have no common sense - including Doctors. Not sure if some of them have taken the Hippocratic Oath or are just Hypocritics   :rolleyes:

cheers

Harvey

Harvey,

I will let the moderator decide

Ron

You feel free to report me Ron. However, as I said earlier - a 'Smoking' thread is not for the delicate or those with a humour bypass. I really don't understand why smokers participate in smoking threads as they always seem to get upset and cry foul when they lose the argument.  

cheers

Harvey 

Smoking in my opinion is not a matter of fun. Nicotine is a drug and I can see that a lot of people have great difficulty giving up smoking. but there will be other smokers who don't give a jot about giving up. I understand the worries of those who do not wish to be subjected to passive smoking. IMO I don't think it is appropriate to make a joke out of the subject and would suggest that anyone who is intent on trivialising the subject is ignored by those offended. Sometimes it is clear that some people provoke merely to get a reaction. I am not sure how feasible it is to ring fence certain cabins for smokers and the logistics involved in enforcing a no smoking ban on balconies. Somehow I don't think either would be easy.

I am a smoker but totally agree with the non-smoking on balconies.  We happened to meet a nice couple on our last cruise who upgraded to a balcony cabin and were both non-smokers.  Unfortunately, the couple next to them smoked constantly on their balcony, covered everyone else in smoke who dared to even open their balcony doors never mind go out onto it.  I think they might have considered saying smoking limited to the back of the ship the last so many cabins.