RiverSong

Would You Travel On Christmas Day?

Can you help in answering an argument for me?  I have seen a cruise in the new P&O brochure, it’s on the Azura and departs for the Caribbean on the 25 December 2015.

Personally it would not bother me flying on Christmas day in fact I think I would like it, the airport would be quite, no traffic, advoiding Christmas dinner.  But my partner doesn’t.

What do you think?  

Hi  I did take a day trip to Barbados flying both ways in Concorde on Christmas Day.  It's sounds indulgent and it probably was, but he price for the return fare was only 15% of the normal return flight price and I certainly would not have flown on this plane otherwise.  Heathrow was almost desserted  as was the plane on the way out and but had a few more passengers on the way back.  I can say I had a memorable time although it was a different Xmas experience.

Riversong Good Morning

It is the other way round with my wife and I, I would but my good lady would not.

Nothing would persuade her to miss Christmas Day with the Grandchildren oh the joy of having family ( in the nicest sense of course ) :D Ron

Guest Lulucat

Yes, we would travel on Christmas Day - but no we wouldn't fly as I hate flying and hate airports.  

If me and my other half did not have any living relatives we would travel on Christmas Day.  As it is we do have family and grandchildren and I would not want to spend Christmas without seeing them.  We cruised one Christmas and although we had a lovely holiday it was really strange being on board on Christmas Day, and I thought about my family a lot.

Not sure about actually travelling on Christmas Day but being onboard was terrific. We took our whole family ,8 of us in all, on Aurora last year and we all had a wonderful time. We have cruised many times but for the rest of them it was their first time and once they found their sealegs ( the first two days were AWFUL) they had an absolute 'ball'. So much so that they are asking " when can we do it again?" Reply - when we win the lottery!

Guest Solent Richard

Can you help in answering an argument for me?  I have seen a cruise in the new P&O brochure, it’s on the Azura and departs for the Caribbean on the 25 December 2015.

Personally it would not bother me flying on Christmas day in fact I think I would like it, the airport would be quite, no traffic, advoiding Christmas dinner.  But my partner doesn’t.

What do you think?  

It's an interesting prospect particularly as all the Christmas cruises I have been on have celebrated Christmas day at sea.

One wonders whether this is a break with tradition. 

My family, 6 adults, are planning to cruise the Caribbean with Ruby Princess this year but we would not travel on Christmas Day or Boxing Day as, to us, these are the special two days we like to spend together in holiday mode for whatever reason. We did notice some other cruise companies were in port on Christmas Day but we particularly didn't want to be in a position where we had to commit to something that wasn't Christmas related - exploring, on excursions etc. I feel the meaning of Christmas is lost if you are in transit . At sea I don't consider as 'in transit'.

Departing or being on a cruise on Christmas day would be wonderful. I have hosted the family Christmas every year since 1981 and would love a break but as my hubby is back at work 26th or 27th Dec,no holidays allowed ,we will have to wait for him to retire.

I personally wouldn't travel on christmas day. I would love to do a cruise over christmas day but only if my sons and grandchildren came too as I couldn't bear not to see them over christmas.

Yes!!! I definitely would. I absolutely love Christmas but it's just another day so for me if it was a particular cruise I really wanted to travel on I'd certainly go. As long as i spend time with my family on Christmas eve or just before then I don't see any reason why not, I know my family wouldn't mind at all. Also, for families with school age children it's during school holidays which is another plus point!!