Sign in to follow this  
EMALIZ07

Florence Or Pisa Or Both?

I spent a week in Florence a few years ago and still didn't get to see everything. I did a half day tour to Pisa, on a cruise which was ok. It depends upon whether you anticipate going back again. Florence is definitely a must and, whilst others may disagree, if you are to go back at a later date I would suggest doing a full day in Florence and then do another trip to Pisa later…. Just my view but obviously you have to decide.  :)

Guest shilly3191

If I had the choice I would pick Florence done both before full day in Florence and 1/2 day in Pisa and think that Florence/Pisa in same day is too much.

I agree with other's comments. Florence would need a whole day. Pisa doesn't. Once you have seen the Leaning Tower,and Cathedral there isn't much else to see in Pisa. 

Hi jammydodger,<br /><br />Both places are worth visiting. However, having spent time in each on more than one occasion, I would suggest that Pisa is the place to visit from a cruise but that you cannot do justice to all there is to see in Florence in just one day. I guess the difficulty of the decision lies in whether or not you feel you are likely to have the opportunity to visit the area again in the future.<br /><br />Whatever you decide, I do hope you enjoy the magic of Tuscany.

Thanks for all your advice, I havent been to either place and as im travelling with small chilldren I didnt want to spend so long on a coach vising both places the same day, maybe Florence is the best option. Thanks again x

If you do go to Florence, you may wish to visit the lively Mercato Nuovo where there is a bronze statue of a boar, know locally as "Il Porcellino" (i.e. piglet). It is said that, if you rub the boar's snout, you will return again to Florence. Worked for me!!

Guest Solent Richard

Is it worth visiting both places the same day, or is one any better than the other! Never been before myself so not sure?

Good morning Jammy Dodger.

The answer is yes but of course there is always a caveat.

Have a look at this...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/10/29/one-way-to-do-florence-and-pisa/

Probably the perfect way of killing two birds with one stone.

LeaningTowerofPisaBestangle_zps93d284ff.

PonteVecchioiewofPonteVecchio-TheOldBrid