Sign in to follow this  
John Lees

Poor Service

Hi, my family and myself have used Bolsover travel for some years now, but we are still waiting for our e tickets with only a week to go?

I called 3 times by telephone to remind them we don't have a printer and they assured me we would get them with 21 days to go for our cruise.

We got a letter on Thursday 17th of April to say they had been informed we had downloaded the tickets from Cunard??

All we were sent were luggage labels promoting a totally incompetent company. So much for their assured one to one service.

I got a letter yesterday saying the same thing… luckily this time I had downloaded them. There is an admin number on your letter, may I suggest you try ringing admin instead of the usual number if you haven't done so already, something may have gone wrong with the systems.

I am sorry you are having problems and I hope you get it sorted.

Welcome to the forum  :)

I just phoned Bolsover travel to make sure they have now posted them late Thursday afternoon, and they have, but even though there was a post yesterday they haven't arrived because they use 2nd class post.

The lady I spoke too says they don't send e tickets till 10 days from your cruise, but 2 other reps last week told me 21? I think there is a failure to communicate somewhere.

We have another cruise booked in September with Bolsover travel but after this episode we might try another operator. They could have sent the e tickets with the luggage labels just in case there was an error in the system somewhere but they didn't.

Up until now we have never had a problem with Bolsover travel, we might as well just book through Cunard next time and get our own printer.

Thanks for the replies and sorry if it seems like I'm moaning but you start to panic a bit when there's only a week to go.

I know this is of no consequence to you but if you look at your cruise information online you might have inadvertently clicked on the e-ticket icon even though you do not have a printer this will automatically tell Cunard that you have downloaded the tickets.

But as you say you contacted Bolsover they should have acted quicker which I quite agree

I have never heard of this problem before we have always had excellent service from them even getting us a refund from P&O.

Hope you get this resolved and have a great Cruise ;) Ron

Hi Ron, I wouldn't have clicked on it, must be an error somewhere, but a phone call from Bolsover to us knowing that I had recently reminded them of having no printer would have been the obvious thing to do seeing how much they promote their excellent one to one service.

I was also told by their cruise reps that it was 21 days from your cruise that they send the e tickets but when I called on Saturday I was told it is 10 days from another rep.

But never mind they will probably be here tomorrow. I'm sure we will have a great cruise. Thanks.

Guest Solent Richard

Sorry to hear there is a problem but probably a good time to learn a few lessons.

One particular lesson is that there is the ability to download the e-ticket from Cunard's Personaliser onto your mobile phone or tablet.

It is then there to show at check-in. 

In my experience the e-ticket is the least important piece of paper presented at the check-in. First is my passport to identify me against the reservation and secondly my credit card to ensure I'm going to have funds on the cruise.

Funilly enough we sent a cheque off to a relative on 3 April. They still have not received it so after a few emails I did a bank transfer this morning.

I love IT.

I am sad to read on this posting that someone is unhappy with our service, Customer Service is paramount to us and I feel that our Administration is second to none so it genuinely saddens me when something goes wrong and we fail to deliver this service to our customers. If we have let any customer down then my apologies go out to them.

Our ticketing procedure with Cunard and also P&O Cruises is that approximately 12-14 days before Departure date we are sent  all e-tickets for Customers who haven’t viewed their own on Cruise Personaliser, if they do view them then the operator assumes they are doing their own as they have no way of knowing if these have been printed or not.

I think it is worth adding that a growing majority of passengers are now choosing not to take any travel documents with them and just quoting their booking reference on arrival at the check-in desk, although if you are like me then you will probably feel more assured with a bit of paper in your hand.

Bolsover Cruise Club phoned yesterday to say the fault was Cunards and the same thing had happened to others, we had not clicked on them.

But I had reminded 3 different reps that we do not have a printer just days before we had the letter saying we had. A simple phone call to us from one of them would have been the easier option.

But now I know you don't need the E ticket, just the reference number then going direct with Cunard etc will be all that is needed because you don't get any deals like you used to get so I don't know the benefit of using a cruise operator any more.

Guest Solent Richard

I am sad to read on this posting that someone is unhappy with our service, Customer Service is paramount to us and I feel that our Administration is second to none so it genuinely saddens me when something goes wrong and we fail to deliver this service to our customers. If we have let any customer down then my apologies go out to them.

Our ticketing procedure with Cunard and also P&O Cruises is that approximately 12-14 days before Departure date we are sent  all e-tickets for Customers who haven’t viewed their own on Cruise Personaliser, if they do view them then the operator assumes they are doing their own as they have no way of knowing if these have been printed or not.

I think it is worth adding that a growing majority of passengers are now choosing not to take any travel documents with them and just quoting their booking reference on arrival at the check-in desk, although if you are like me then you will probably feel more assured with a bit of paper in your hand.

What an excellent and timely response. 

Now that's what I call service.

Guest Solent Richard

Bolsover Cruise Club phoned yesterday to say the fault was Cunards and the same thing had happened to others, we had not clicked on them.

But I had reminded 3 different reps that we do not have a printer just days before we had the letter saying we had. A simple phone call to us from one of them would have been the easier option.

But now I know you don't need the E ticket, just the reference number then going direct with Cunard etc will be all that is needed because you don't get any deals like you used to get so I don't know the benefit of using a cruise operator any more.

Good afternoon John.

Of course we all live and learn and that's the great thing about these forums.

I could confidently make my earlier post regarding E-tickets, passports and credit Cards because I pay close attention when I check in.

One does need to be on the ball like ensuring that your credit card will be billed in the currency charged onboard ship. That is the first statement i make on handing it over - don't let the cruise line convert it to GBP.

Anyway, I'm glad it's all settled now, Bon Voyage.