Sign in to follow this  
TomYoungs

Help - would you travel with Regent?

yes they are a great company and offer a great service to customers , my friends love them as everything is also incuded with in the cost , grats ,drinks , excursions also many added extras depending on the cabin choice :D

I believe they are a 6-star cruise line? Therefore I would expect the very best! I've read these ships are smaller, about 700 passengers, so i'd presume the service would be better than say on a bigger ship with 3000 passengers.   

have friends that usually cruise with princess which they still really like but they did a regent cruise and thought they were fantastic and booked again with them, because the ships are smaller they can go to more unusual places and great value for money

Really excellent cruise line, fully inclusive. It is so nice to pay a reasonable fare, and to disembark with no frightful account. Being fleeced whilst on board, as with a growing number of other cruise lines, leaves a bad taste in the mouth!

Have done 2 cruises on Regent Mariner, Monte Carlo to Venice & Athens to Istanbul. Booked Beijing to Bangkok on Voyager next year. You won't be short of restaurants as there are 4, including two speciality (with no surcharge), a superb buffet where staff are waiting to help you, carry your plate, get drinks etc. Top class wines and premium drinks in abundance. Re the trips, you should make a selection as near as possible to the day reservations open as you may not get your first choice. However you can select alternative and go on waiting list, which we did and got tickets for the one we wanted. Cannot fault them and found fellow passengers from all parts of the world to be friendly.

We sailed on Seven Seas Navigator for the first time last year.  Cabins are far nicer than anything we've had before.  A bit disappointed with the food - seemed somewhat safe to us and the speciality restaurant Prime 7  was mainly steak - not really my favourite.   This ship does suffer from vibration (as mentioned in the Berlitz guide). Service first class and other passengers very friendly.  I'd go on a Regent ship again but not Navigator.