Firefly

Cruise Weddings

Found this on Bolsovers website - one of their sales reps actually got married on board.  She might be able to help.

Congratulations! You're now taking the next step to creating your dream day, and what better way to reflect your ideas of romance than on a luxury superliner. Imagine waking up to sparkling ocean views, a string of exotic islands and being pampered in relaxing surroundings. Whether you choose to share your day with close family and friends, or prefer a smaller, more intimate occasion, you will be made to feel extremely special every step of the way. The ceremony can either be performed on board by the captain making it a truly magical affair, or alternatively, you can opt for an on-shore wedding from a selection of idyllic venues, such as the Caribbean and Mexico, New England, Hawaii, and Alaska.

If this sounds like your idea of a dream wedding, then read on...
Many of our cruise partners are now capturing the romance on board and can arrange a wedding package to suit your needs. They understand that every bride and groom will have different views of how they'd like their big day to unfold, so they offer you the chance to tailor your own wishes with a whole host of extra touches to complement your wedding, such as wedding flowers, wedding cake, photography services, commemorative stationery, champagne packages and much more.

You will be allocated a dedicated Wedding Co-ordinator who'll look after every detail to ensure things run smoothly. Once on board, you can really spoil yourself during the run up to the big day. How about a pampering session in the spa, get your hair, nails and make-up perfected, or simply unwind and sunbathe in the relaxing atmosphere.

From the moment you are married, the honeymoon begins. It's the perfect way to begin married life. Capture new sights and explore destinations together. Enjoy fine dining and an array of entertainment on board your chosen superliner. If you're travelling with a party of friends, be sure to ask us about group savings and enhanced benefits.

Real Life Wedding Review
Bolsover Cruise Club Sales Consultant Nicola returned from the Caribbean where she and fiance Andrew tied the knot in a romantic on board ceremony. They flew out to New Orleans on 1 December 2006 with close family and friends to embark Arcadia, and spent the run-up to the wedding in warm, tropical surroundings, visiting fascinating ports of call whilst their wedding plans were being organised for them.

Here's what Nicola had to say about their experience:

"My partner Andrew and I booked our wedding to be held on board Arcadia at the beginning of December, and have recently returned with wonderful memories of a truly magical day. We cannot thank P&O Cruises and their onboard staff enough, as everyone worked hard to create our perfect day. Our closest family and friends joined us for the celebration and we couldn't have asked for a better setting. The location, food, weather and most importantly the staff, particularly Sam, our Wedding Co-ordinator, exceeded our expectations.

We were delighted with how smoothly things went, with Sam ensuring we were happy and informed at all times, even looking after the finer details, giving us more time to enjoy our holiday. We really were treated like royalty, and the girls booked hair and beauty treatments in the luxurious spa. The flowers, cake and photographs were exactly what we had hoped for, so the extra luggage allowance for newlyweds was very much appreciated!

I can't stress how easy it has been for us to organise the event from start to finish. We'll be having a party back at home, so that we can celebrate and share our experiences with all of our friends. This will give them the opportunity to see us in our wedding outfits, and we can relive our fairytale day playing our ceremony on DVD and showing off our fantastic photograph album.

All in all, both myself and Andrew, and all our family and friends had a most wonderful time and once again would like to thank P&O Cruises for making our big day so special."

Just come back off honeymoon and met a couple on board that had just got married. Plenty of good packages available and actually did seem good value in the grand scheme of things. Wouldnt recommend it if youve got a big family though as the room didnt seem that large and i can imagine it being a nightmare to organise.

We have just returned from a back to back cruise on Ventura (P&O) and on the first cruise my son got married and on the second cruise we renewed our wedding vows for our 25th wedding anniversary. The wedding was beautiful my son and daughter in law were made to feel like film stars for the day and the cost even when the cruise itself is factored in is far cheaper than an equivalent experience on land. It was also really stress free.

Guest Lulucat

I have been on cruises where people have got married and all the weddings seem to have gone really well with exceedingly happy brides and grooms - some of the photographs I have seen have been fantastic. 

There was a lady on the old P&O Forum who was married on Oriana and they used her wedding in the P&O brochure for a couple of years when advertising their wedding service.   She said it was the best decision they ever made and would recommend it to anyone on the forum who asked about weddings.

It is a 'different' wedding that I would certainly put on a list.

Yes the captain marrys you, its very romantic. P&O's website claims the average wedding at sea including the honeymoon is £5000. From what i can gather you pick your preferred cruise, add on the desired wedding package which start from around £1200 including the venue, flowers, invitations, champagne etc. I believe you can tailor it how you like it, i.e add on extra photographs, upgrade the flowers, choose your style of cake etc.

I would imagine the actual wedding package depends on the amount of guests who'll be travelling with you i think.  

It is certainly a lot cheaper than having a wedding in the UK my friend is arranging a wedding for a daughter and so far it is up to around £20k… another friend of mine got married last year and it was £45k. I know which way I would go….  :)

We got married by Commodore Steven Bourgoine on Arcadia December 2006. It was fab, we were totally spoilt from the moment we stepped on board in New Orleans. I can recommend booking your wedding at sea with P&O, the whole thing from to start finish was just perfect.

After celebrating our engagement on board, we decided against having a wedding on board as well. Just wanting a small celebration, we settled on Gretna Green which was fabulous. Of course we honeymooned on Oceana...

In fact, we were enjoying the cruise so much, we stayed in Malta afterwards (we were meant to fly home straight away) for a few more days and booked our own flight home. Naughty!