DBH

Can You Request To Change Flight Carrier

When booking for the Caribbean I asked my agent could they request that we travel with a particular carrier, as we had had problems with the other carrier that P&O charter and vowed not to fly with them again.  The problems we had happened 6 years ago and we have not flown with that carrier since.

We have now been allocated a flight with the carrier we won't fly with.

Do you think if I phone P&O and explain the problem we have, they will help us out and change our flight.

I really don't want to cancel our cruise but may do so if we can't get a satisfactory outcome.

When booking for the Caribbean I asked my agent could they request that we travel with a particular carrier, as we had had problems with the other carrier that P&O charter and vowed not to fly with them again.  The problems we had happened 6 years ago and we have not flown with that carrier since.

We have now been allocated a flight with the carrier we won't fly with.

Do you think if I phone P&O and explain the problem we have, they will help us out and change our flight.

I really don't want to cancel our cruise but may do so if we can't get a satisfactory outcome.

I would think that P&O have block bookings and will only use one carrier from any particular airport (though I guess this could vary depending on the airport).  You could call P&O and ask them if the flights from an alternate airport are with a different airline and fly from there instead?  It's likely that they'll all be the same though!

If you were so against flying with a carrier that you know P&O have used in their bundled flights in the past, why didn't you just book your flights separately?  You could have included a pre- or post-cruise stay that way, and extended your holiday for relatively little cost (since flights are paid for anyway). I suppose it depends where you're flying.

I concur with Duncan. If you book a "fly cruise" with P&O then I would imagine you have to accept the carrier they choose. However If you specifically requested a particular carrier and the booking has been made contrary to your instructions then I would speak with the agent concerned. I think we would all be interested to see how you get on.

I would think that P&O have block bookings and will only use one carrier from any particular airport (though I guess this could vary depending on the airport).  You could call P&O and ask them if the flights from an alternate airport are with a different airline and fly from there instead?  It's likely that they'll all be the same though!

If you were so against flying with a carrier that you know P&O have used in their bundled flights in the past, why didn't you just book your flights separately?  You could have included a pre- or post-cruise stay that way, and extended your holiday for relatively little cost (since flights are paid for anyway). I suppose it depends where you're flying.

as p&o do charter the flights the package price doesnt change if you take the flights off i dont think.

also they use 2 airlines as standar and if they have availability you can normally ask to change, try your agent.

P&O predominantly use Thomas Cook and Thompson. At the busier airports, Gatwick and Manchester, there is often one of each so you can request to change.

Brian

I booked a P&O fly-cruise, with charter flights. Originally Thomas Cook charter flights were allocated, i had no problems changing this to the alternative Thomson charter flight :)

Hi  You can ask, if they say no you can always cancel (you may lose some money) but if you won't fly with the company then there's little alternative other than book your flights and pay for them with a scheduled airline.

Hi DBH, I think it will depend on where you're flying from and whether or not P&O are operating multiple services from that airport.  if they are then I'm sure you will be able to change carrier, pending on availability I'd suspect.  If you have booked through an agent however then it is likely that P&O will refer you back to them for any booking amends rather than do it directly for you, that seems to be the way of the world with them.  

I'd give your agent a call and see if they can offer any sort of alternative.  They may not be able to change the carrier from your current airport but if you are adamant that you do not wish to fly with that airline, you could consider a different airport if there is an alternative airline available through that option.

Hope all gets sorted for you.

It's all sorted!!!!!!!!

Spoke to a very nice lady at P&O flight dept. who said they could arrange the change of carrier, but I would have to go through my TA as I had not booked direct with P&O.

I explained to her that I knew that my TA had sent an email as I had been CC'd said email.

Anyway, back in touch with my TA and it is now sorted.

Thanks for your replies.

Bryn.