Sign in to follow this  
RiverSong

Crystal Beer Themed Cruise

This may not be what you except from a line like Crystal?

As a twist on its popular “Wine & Food” Experiences of Discovery they are  replacing the “wine” with lagers, stouts. 

A microbrew theme, will be present on Crystal Serenity voyage in November.  Shore-side excursions take guests to micro- and nano-breweries (the latest trend in ultra-local beer craftsmanship) in and around New York and Charleston for exclusive behind-the-scenes access, expert insight, and diverse sampling of innovative, historic, seasonal, and limited-run beers.

So do we think this will be a trend that other lines may take up?  

Hi  I was very pleasantly surprised at the quallity of the Crystal experience (I was unsure whether such a large ship [small by mass market standards] could offer attentive service, it can.  I think the theme is interesting but I don't think it will be taken up by most other cruise lines.  Most companies appear to be too lazy to adopt anything new and radical it would mean doing a little extra work, it's easier for them to offer tours from the usual ports which they have been doing for years.  PS  A malt whisky themed cruise would be even better.