Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

WAVES

Balcony Or Not To Balcony?

63 posts in this topic

Hello,

Please advise me in which way to go? Do i spend an extra £350pp to get a balcony or do i save the £350 and go in a inside cabin and use the money as spending money? I am looking at the Azura in the Caribbean.

Thanks

Waves

For me it would be an inside and spend money onboard or even better towards another cruise. You can see plenty of excellent views from many parts of the ship or in a bar with a drink.

Falmouthgirl, WAVES and AFC04/03 like this

i agree with ALI05 definatley a balcony when your in the caribbean as its so hot!, its nice to have your own private space, the c deck cabins are lovley so much bigger than the standard and they are the same price :)

Lesley Fareham and WAVES like this

I did transatlantic on Arcadia to the Caribbean and had a balcony, whilst we were only over there for a few days I must admit that it was worth having the balcony. Not only for just sitting out but as others say it is nice to escape  but also the wildlife that you see is also worth it. I saw a breaching whale and not many others did. However, it does depend on what you want but for me the £350 would be worth it as opposed to spending it on drink or tat in the shops.

We had a inside cabin on the Azura for the Caribbean. We managed ok. For our next cruise we have booked a balcony. But if you can afford the extra for the balcony i would definatley pay the extra.  

I would never go on another cruise in an inside cabin. I did it once on a Norway cruise and spent most of the time popping out to see what I was missing. Not much point paying for the midnight sun and missing it !

rah likes this

We did our first inside this year and in truth it drove us bananas. No fresh air, no concept of the time of day and generally being like a  prisoner.

rah likes this

I would definitely go for a balcony. Its nice to sit and have a pre-dinner glass of wine on there while your partner isgetting ready in the evening . Also if you order breakfast to your cabin , you can sit and eat it in peace instead of  going to the "bunfight" in the cafeteria !!

Would go for a balcony every time if finances allowed - it's really nice to just have the balcony doors open and let fresh air into the cabin.

As most have said definitely go for a balcony, especially in the Caribbean. It's lovely to have your own private space to sit and enjoy reading, or a glass of wine. You can also keep an eye out for dolphins, flying fish or turtles. Have I talked you into it? ;)

Only had a balcony once but found we only used it to 'air' trainers after a gym session so a definite waste of money for us.  Caribbean is generally a no-brainer for weather - so a balcony isn't required to know what you need to wear & if you're a bit of a 'people watcher' then open decks are brill.  It's a very subjective question because you're the only one who can decide the value to you.

We've literally just disembarked Oriana & one dinner companion told us that they'd never book a balcony again because they are no longer allowed to smoke out there (obviously a factor for them).

ron and Falmouthgirl like this

First time we had a balcony we said it was a waste of money, but had a balcony for my 50th birthday and had one ever since and we use it a lot.

So balcony always for me but depends on each persons pocket

It all depends the type of cruise you are on and what your expectations are. Personally if the cruise is a port hopper (different port every day) then you may find an inside acceptable but if you have days at sea you may want a balcony to enjoy the relaxation away from the pool. Also looking at price you can usually do 2 cruises with an inside for the price of 1 with a balcony. It's all down to personal choice.

Hello,we have friends who agree with OWT about allmost two for one.

I dont agree though.Since we started cruising we have allways said if we cant afford a balcony we cant afford to cruise.

I have never agreed with this thought that you only change and sleep in a cabin.

There is nothing better than getting away from people enjoying themselves and having fun than retreating to the sanctum of your balcony.

Rodger.

RobBar, Oldworldtraveller and Tally like this

Hello,we have friends who agree with OWT about allmost two for one.

I dont agree though.Since we started cruising we have allways said if we cant afford a balcony we cant afford to cruise.

I have never agreed with this thought that you only change and sleep in a cabin.

There is nothing better than getting away from people enjoying themselves and having fun than retreating to the sanctum of your balcony.

Rodger.

I quite agree Rodger, I'm a people watcher and I like to sit in the Crow's nest and mingle with people. I like to sit outside on the Prom deck and have the odd glass of wine too. We do like longer cruises though and I cannot imagine what it would be like not to have our own little private space to chill out, read and have a glass of wine. I have read so many times people say they prefer to have more cruises than a more expensive cabin. For me I prefer quality to quantity and there can be no comparison between an inside cabin and one with one's own personal space to sit and enjoy.

Falmouthgirl likes this

i went on my first cruise and experienced a balcony cabin! and i loved it! i would only go for a balcony now! maybe an outside at minimum but i just loved beiong able to get out and stand and lay on the balcony :)

if its the first time to the Caribbean then go for a balcony!

Good afternoon Charlielou.

I'm with you all the way.

charlielou likes this

It all depends the type of cruise you are on and what your expectations are. Personally if the cruise is a port hopper (different port every day) then you may find an inside acceptable but if you have days at sea you may want a balcony to enjoy the relaxation away from the pool. Also looking at price you can usually do 2 cruises with an inside for the price of 1 with a balcony. It's all down to personal choice.

Well good afternoon OldWorldCruiser.

I was looking at flights to Thailand this morning and discovered I can do 5 flights in economy for the same price as business class.

Hmnn, five flights  to Thailand?  wink.png wink.png