kellyohara

Indirect Flights

I find flights a nightmare! I wouldn't mind but 9/10 times you wait for hours on end at the airport.. I go for the direct flights and just don't ask the price of the indirect haha! what you don't no doesn't hurt. I feel for you dst87

well dst87 its the same for anyone who doesnt live close to london, I cannot work out why airlines dont utilise the other uk airports more, are they telling us nothing exists outside of the capital??

You're probably right.  I've seen some fab deals that feature flights from London.  As soon as you hint at the naughty r-word (regional) the price just leaps by a few hundred pound.

For our cruise in November we've managed to get reasonable direct flights from Manchester which were about £200/each cheaper than the indirect option from Glasgow!

Don't get me started on flights.  I'm based in Scotland so immediately I expect a long journey or a huge surcharge!

well dst87 its the same for anyone who doesnt live close to london, I cannot work out why airlines dont utilise the other uk airports more, are they telling us nothing exists outside of the capital??

Now if you want to know about indirect flights you should live here! We just break the journey and it adds to the fun!

it helps that cruise companies have now started to use the low budget airlines ie easyjet, jet2 etc..

theres nothing worse than having an 8 hour journey to Venice via Amsterdam :D

I wouldn't ever do an indirect flight (and I don't think we are talking about pre-cruise flights, we're talking about fly-cruise).

RayO

If leaving from Southampton, I have to use a regional flight to get there. Flybe provides a direct service to Southampton from a number of regional airports, but they are very expensive and the flight times are seldom convenient. Then there is the quite expensive return taxi fare from the airport to the port.

I have found that it is nearly always less expensive to fly to Heathrow and then get the National Express coach service to Southampton (The coach station is in Southampton City Centre, so is just a short taxi drive the port). Air carriers to Heathrow from the regions are also a bit more generous (and flexible) with regard to luggage weight allowance.