Sign in to follow this  
moonshine

What’S Your Favourite Type Of Onboard Entertainment ?

Guest Solent Richard

Further to my above comment i see that Cunard have just released their next list of Guest Speakers which includes kate Adie OBE, Murray Walker, Lord Michael Howard and former South African President, F W De Klerk.

This forum has a member onboard QM2's current trans Atlantic crossing and he informed me yesterday he was of to see a performance by James Taylor.

We love live music in any form.

As regards speakers one of our favourites is Diane Simpson. She is a Personality Profiler who has worked closely with the police in the cases of serial killers including The Yorkshire Ripper. She makes her talks light hearted without losing sight of the seriousness of her subject.

Another was a delightful gentleman ( can't remember his name) who had been the Queen's Pastry Chef. Also Malcolm Nelson who had been head of Customs at Heathrow.

We thought one of the poorest , several years ago was a lady from the original Calendar Girls. She had the dullest delivery and seemed to find it difficult to string two words together - You can't win 'em all!

In general we find the entertainment on P&O to be excellent

We love live music in any form.

As regards speakers one of our favourites is Diane Simpson. She is a Personality Profiler who has worked closely with the police in the cases of serial killers including The Yorkshire Ripper. She makes her talks light hearted without losing sight of the seriousness of her subject.

Another was a delightful gentleman ( can't remember his name) who had been the Queen's Pastry Chef. Also Malcolm Nelson who had been head of Customs at Heathrow.

We thought one of the poorest , several years ago was a lady from the original Calendar Girls. She had the dullest delivery and seemed to find it difficult to string two words together - You can't win 'em all!

In general we find the entertainment on P&O to be excellent

We too have enjoyed The talks given by Diane Simpson on board P& O .

I always enjoy the live music and comedy shows, i really didnt think I would enjoy the musical style shows but they are brilliant really well put together. We were on Ventura this summer and really enjoyed the Gary Barlow tribute act and also Steve Tandy with his mix of comedy and music.

We were on one cruise where the guest entertainer was an Elvis impersonator. Now being a big fan of the original I never watch impersonators but on this occasion thought why not, in for a penny... Well he was fantastic, very good and very funny, nothing like I expected. Later in the evening I went off to the little girls room and was gone some time which prompted my husband to ask if I had got lost again to which I could honestly reply " no I've been talking to Elvis" - priceless. Not only was he a good entertainer but he was a very nice chap, although the Scottish accent was a bit strange from someone dressed as Elvis. Wish I could remember his name.

One of the funnniest 'lectures' I have been to was Terry Brown a retired detective inspector from Birmingham - his interaction with the audience had to be seen to be believed.

Another good lecturer was Chris Wilson on Jazz as were going to New Orleans and then he had an impromptue jazz concert with the ships band - he was good - if you like that sort of thing