Rita123

Coach Or Parking?

Guest shilly3191

If that is the only option we have driven down and parked "free" with CPS but in future if they offer OBC I will have that and pay for parking with Parking4cruises as its virtually the same service but a lot cheaper than CPS.

Hello.I think I have said before,we drive down and use the Grand Harbour park and stay.Ok there are cheaper hotel options but if you take into account the 15 day parking and transfers to and from the ship,we recommend it.My favourite expression to decribe the service is seamless and having just returned again see no reason to change that.

Rodger.

Guest shilly3191

is Parking for cruises on the quaysaide? how does their service work?

Exactly the same as CPS except that they meet you in short stay car park and you ring them 30 mins before you get there. Take a look at their website it explains everything.

Park and Stay every time.  I hate coaches, and after a 24 hours trip from Dunfermline to Paris on a coach in high school I vowed never to use busses again!  It was a trip from hell!

Our 450 mile journey is do-able in one day quite easily, though sometimes we'll extend our holiday pre-cruise and stay overnight someone interesting or try to meet with friends in England en route.  Having the car means we're not limited by the bus timetable, and can stop when and where we want.

Parking tends to be terminal parking in Southampton so it's very easy - just drive in and park!  Someone offloads your suitcases and you just walk to the terminal building.  Easy, quick, and your car is waiting for you when you get off again!

Hi Guys! What do people prefer...Coach to Southampton or driving down and parking? 

Hi

There's just no competition. The coach every time. It just gets you so relaxed and in the mood for a fabulous cruise. Plus if you get stuck in traffic and you use the opoerators preferred coach the ship will wait - if you're in your car the ship may go without you!

Guest Solent Richard

It's a no brainer for me, have even been known to join a four-day cruise out of Southampton on my bus pass. :D  :D

Guest shilly3191

We have only used Eavesway once and even though had no problem with the service provided by them for us to get to "pick up" point  and home again after would have to be by taxi and be very expensive so not worth it. Also the problem is the time of the pick up is 9am and we really struggled to get a taxi because they were all booked up on school runs so coach transfer is impracticable for us.

Always the big debate on this, do you start your holiday from the local services or when you have driven to the port, I have tried both and both have their good & bad points

Coach is good as you dont have to concentrate on driving however it has its limitations as you are dependant on everyone else arriving & departing together, so purely because of this and being an early bird I prefer to drive, these days the costs are similar so it really is personal preference over any cost implications

we always drive down to southampton and use cps as coaches can make me feel queezy! however have heard loads of people rate the coach service especially eavesway they seem to be the favourite