Leighb

Book Celebrity Excursions Before The Cruise Or Onboard?

From my experience (as long as your using a best-buy credit card to pay your bill) the difference is negligible paying online vs in advance.

The advantages of booking in advance are that popular tours might sell out before you board, and you're guaranteed the trip you want.

Downsides are that if you wait you can use on-board credit to pay for them (only relevant if you have any and won't otherwise spend it).

Personally I like to have a plan in place before I board so I know what I'm doing.  This involved researching ports and seeing what there is to do.  If I can do it myself, this will always be my preference as official tours can be very expensive and won't always show you specifically what you want to see.  Either way I tend to book in advance.

Hello,of course if you have 1 2 3 ie.on board spend then you should wait to book when on board.When we were in the Baltics on Eclipse a few weeks ago there were plenty of spaces to be had to book on board.

Rodger.

Guest shilly3191

I would take a look at www.cruisingexcursions.com they might be a lot cheaper.

We are a little confused as this is our first Celebrity cruise, with other cruise lines we have pre booked excursions online but they have still been charged to our on board accounts with an option to cancel up to 24 hours before the excursion. Is this different with Celebrity?