jessy63

Family Cruise 2016

Hi

I'm looking to get the majority of my family, 17 member in total, booked on to a cruise in 2016. We have a big family celebration that year and I thought it would be great way to celebrate. Want to start planning this now so we have plently of time to disscuss and prepare.

Has anyone ever attempted a cruise with this many family members? Looking for advice as to whether it's best to book direct with a cruise line or use an agent, what ship and destination are best suited for a family get together. Age ranges from 17-74.

Thanks

J

I have just answered your question in the questions and answers area. I would certainly book this through an agent as they will look after everything for you, ideally you want an agent that provide a personal service so you can deal with one person throughout the entire booking. As said earlier best bet for a family cruise is P&O, RCI, NCL or Carnival.

Yes, definitely book this through your agent. They will ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible.

I agree, we always book through an agent as it's so much easier

Sorry for the late reply, I've had a few days away.

Thank you for your responses. It seems quite a daunting task but I think we'll look at the P&O Ventura or Azura

Thank you

Planning a family holiday of this size will certainly take some hard work and good organisation skills but it will be worth it in the end. The problem you will face is family members may have different destination preferences, budgets and interests. You'll all have to agree on this before you approach your travel agent. I would suggest appointing a group leader, booking well in advance and certainly through a travel agent. Make sure you all communicate often, preferably via email.

I've been away with a large group before and it can be a nightmare to organise.  You definitely need a good agent and as happy cruiser said, its good to get an agent that means you dealing with the same point of contact throughout, that way your not explaining it to different people over and over again each time you call.  I'd definitely look for that.  Also agree with your ideas on Ventura and Azura, probably Azura with their being a mixed age group. 

I was reading someones comments on a recent family (large) cruise on Royal Caribbean. They were complaining that there was no where on the ship  they could get together. This included when dining, in bars, at shows or even relaxing around the pool. She was saying there was never enough chairs, space or sun beds. I never thought about it like that.