Sign in to follow this  
Land Ahoy

What's Your Favourite Cruise Innovation?

Hi  I have been a regular cruiser for more years than I care to admit and I have seen many new features installed by all cruise lines.  From the addition of balcony cabins, speciality dining venues, theme park daytime activities, many alternative evening entertainment venues as well as lower boarding fares etc.  On a personal level I think the best was the introduction of en-suite facilities for all cabins, when I first started cruising I would estimate that 60% of the passengers on P&O's Canberra had to share both toilets and bathrooms.   What's your favourite innovation?

I would agree that en-suite facilities were an excellent addition, I can't imagine going on holiday now and sharing facilities.

Personally my preferred innovation has been speciality restaurants.  I like to have a good choice when I go away and am not that keen on dining in the same place each evening.  The addition of speciality restaurants gives me much more freedom and diversity which I enjoy.

I like the movies under the stars and the swimming pools with retractable roofs ( great for cooler weather) unfortunately we have only been on Grand Princess that has both.

Movies under the stars is great when the stars are out.  What I don't like is the constant blaring of rock concerts or kids' movies in the day time.  No quiet time around the pool, or a chance to listen to live music there.  Watching a movie at night under a blanket on a sun lounger is my idea of what movies under the stars should be.