seawitch

The Cruise Ship

Typical television holiday program, concentrating on a certain OTT passenger, an out of date crooner and a very young, dare I say,sob story beautician.I,m sure in reality the ship and it's passengers is no different to most other cruise ships.the program didn't,t show and sell the positives. What will we see in the next program ? Emergency drill ? Queues in the sick bay waiting room ? And I,m sure more of that OTT female dancing with the crooner ??? Yeek !!

Half an hour is not enough for all the possible content. I expected them to go for the tabloid journalism approach, concentrate on the negative not the positive. The soundtrack and commentary was ridiculing, more Benny Hill than Beverly Hills.

Headlines might read:

"Luxury Cruise Ship Cannot Cope With Laundry"

"Snooty Bag With Glum Toyboy Gives Her Views (On Everything)"

"Canapes May Get Warm - Get A Life!"

Too many clichés.

RayO

We watched it and my husband said if he'd seen this before we had taken our first cruise he would NEVER have considered cruising. No I don't think I would ever be tempted to try this ship. (Yikes, I could meet up with Mandy) :o

I agree with all the comments, i thought it came across as very cheesy and what was the title music all about, talk about in the 70's, the ship looked amazing but if i hadnt cruised before it wouldnt make me want to do so

Would put me off cruising for life, If I had not cruised before. That woman who criticised elite members and stated that the ship had old passengers on who had the very young partner that said nought, imagine being sat next to her during dinner!  Although having said that, we have all been on a cruise and know someone like her I am sure.

Even the Commentary was a joke. Very tacky programme and damaging to Carnival and Princess Cruise Line in my opinion. IT made me cringe but also laugh in places.

Ive been on the Royal Princess and she is a lovely ship! I think it's atually a great shame princess have allowed themselves to come across in the way they did. If I hadnt cruised before it would certainly put me off.

have not watched it yet and dont think i will after reading the comments about it on here, why do they have to make it about 1 person, its called the cruise ship, sounds like there is not much focus on the cruise ship

Hello,I cant say I have ever agreed with so many people about so many things.<br />The only thing I think people have missed is,what did those silly women think they were going to achieve with Gorgeous George.I strongly suspect they were barking up the wrong tree.<br />Rodger.

I really like Princess but I was not impressed with the TV show.  Would not encourage me to cruise if I had not been before.  Once I heard the voiceover I feared the worst.  Not a great advert.  Am surprised Princess agreed to this.

Rob

Half an hour is not enough for all the possible content. I expected them to go for the tabloid journalism approach, concentrate on the negative not the positive. The soundtrack and commentary was ridiculing, more Benny Hill than Beverly Hills.

Headlines might read:

"Luxury Cruise Ship Cannot Cope With Laundry"

"Snooty Bag With Glum Toyboy Gives Her Views (On Everything)"

"Canapes May Get Warm - Get A Life!"

Too many clichés.

RayO

Or 

"Mushroom Woman thrown overboard by husband who clearly cant stand her"

Mushrooms for goodness sake. Couldn't she be upset that they didn't have smoked salmon or caviar. And her knickers are in cyberspace. Don't get me started. Oh! I already have.

RayO

Hello,i suppose all we now is a dog a cat and a guinea pig to write in and tell us she saved their life.She is a wonderfull person second only to mother theresa.

rodger.

What a shame

i keep telling my frineds how much I love cruising and how they should try it and then along comes another 'cruise reality' programme that would even put me off for life had I not sailed before.

Why or why do they show all the negative, OTT things? I asume is is good TV!

I think it will put alot of people off!!!

ive been trying to convince my mum and dad to try cruising in their retirement but not going to happen now they have watched the show

Princess have really been promoting this in the travel press, they surely cant be happy with the impression it has given out

It's one of those programmes- you know in advance it will make you cringe, and it did just that. Some ghastly folk on board- enough to put anyone off cruising. Shall watch the next episode with interest.....!