Ahoy

Superior Deluxe Balconies On Azura & Ventura

I have just found out that you get little extra touches when you book a superior deluxe balcony, champagne and chocolates on arrival and canapes once a week, i never knew this, has anyone been in one of these before?

I agree they are lovely and a very good size . However the balcony is totally overlooked by the balconies of the cabins above you . I have to say I was quite shocked at first (especially when a chap above me answered the question I quietly posed to my husband !!) Although after a while this didn't bother me as much as its rare for lots of people to be on them all at the same time .

I agree they are lovely and a very good size . However the balcony is totally overlooked by the balconies of the cabins above you . I have to say I was quite shocked at first (especially when a chap above me answered the question I quietly posed to my husband !!) Although after a while this didn't bother me as much as its rare for lots of people to be on them all at the same time .

wow he answered your question - how rude! haha.

I have to agree with firecracker, I was sat quietly on the balcony one afternoon when I heard a very interesting conversation from two teenagers in the above cabin discussing the 'talent' onboard ship ... made my ears bleed ....lol

Been in the Super Deluxe on Ventura, D330.  However, when we found out the size of the balconies on C Deck, we now go for the larger balcony.  This is for both Ventura and Azura.  Yes, they are partly overlook but, twice the size of a normal balcony and at the back of the balcony, nearest the cabin,  it is not over looked.

Yes we had a balcony on D deck Azura this year. Once you get used to the fact that you are overlooked the larger balcony is great - ideal for sunbathing!

Interesting that these are described in the terms "superior and deluxe".

What I wonder would be the opposite end of the market - perhaps "inferior and cheap" ?

M

I have been in the superior deluxe balcony cabins on a short cruise, we got the champa's,and chocalates but they don't give out the bowl of fruit and canapes on the short cruises, if you ask for them you get them.  but yes we loved the cabin and the extra space was great, would definately go for these cabins again we have also in the past been on c deck and yes the balcony's are huge but I now appreciate the extra space inside the cabin more these days.

Guest Solent Richard

A picture is worth a thousand words...

8910670461_c14c6a3ab6_z.jpg

8910670611_d06069cba3_z.jpg

I've never heard of anyone who has had one make a serious complaint about either the size of the balcony or it's privacy.

Certainly wasn't a problem for us.

Have enjoyed a fortnight in a superior deluxe balcony and also had the pleasure of a fortnight in a suite onboard Azura loved both and the little extras that come with them in my view worth the little extra, pity that for us Azura was a rage too large, much preferred Aurora

I had one of these on Ventura in the Caribbean a few years ago and it was well worth the money , didnt bother us about the privacy being overlooked, lovely spacious cabin and nice to have the sofa and extra tvs , plus a bath for a nice soak if you wish wink.png

Guest Solent Richard

We are booked on Azura 31st Oct in a superior deluxe balcony cabin. This is our first cruise and I am fairly reassured by these comments.

Hi ChrisP.

Actually a very nice choice for your first cruise.

If, as I suspect, you have already checked in, have a great cruise.

Guest suespud

we have D732 on Azura..it's a SDL..but has a bigger balcony than most as it is the last cabin towards the aft..

I wanted a mini suite, but the ones I had my eye on had gone.

The TA told me about this one as the balcony doesn't look any bigger on deck plans.

Guest suespud

Iv got pics !!!

Ohhh only about 13 months ...give or take a few days !!!!

Cant wait !!!!