Sign in to follow this  
Pesky Pirate

Dr. Who

Hello mepo.I'm with you ,bring back Bentner I say.

I hate to admit to Richard,before he posts,but Chelsea were good last night.

I chuckled at the sponsors name in the dug out ' boys '.

That is what it was though men against boys.

Rodger.

Rodger,

They are well rid of Bendtner!

But having watched the game last night, I think that they may regret not taking up the option of Fabregas when they had the chance.

Merv

Burnley are my home team so i hope they stay up, i think they will, Dyche is a brilliant manager

Back to the subject in hand YES YES YES defo watching Dr Who on Saturday

I love Dr Who and have watched it forever.  I shall watch the footie and tape Dr Who.  I have loved the new storylines but sadly lost the plot at times and had to trawl 'tinternet to discover what on earth it was all about.  Hope things are clearer this series.  Miss David Tennant something rotten.

I am not enjoying the new series.  Don't like the one-liner quips, and the stories are not grabbing my attention.  I wish Russell T Davies was still writing them.  Feel disappointed to be honest. 

I have to admit that I didn't really gel with Matt Smith and am finding this one a bit obscure even though last saturdays was ok. I think that after David Tennant the doctors haven't  been that good although sometimes the side kick has a lot to do with it… Perhaps they should bring back Donna…

I am not happy with the new doctor he is pants, his acting skills are no good and he has spoilt what was a great programme very disappointed.

I am happy to give him a couple more episodes but at the moment I tend to agree with Jaczs, he has not yet developed a character of his own, although I think its going to be an absent minded professor type.

Sean

I'm sure the producers will have a reason why the current doctor is like he is, that is, confused and fuddled, but he is supposed to be the last Time Lord whose job it is to save the rest of the universe from heinous aliens!   I think Mr Capaldi sounds like he is badly impersonating David Tennant.  I liked the portrayals of the doctor by David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston and have never been keen on the whimsical portrayals.  I will watch a couple more episodes to give it a fair chance but if it doesn't improve ...... oh and can we finally find out who Clara is ?????  and why she has been around forever ????

I have to admit that I didn't really gel with Matt Smith and am finding this one a bit obscure even though last saturdays was ok. I think that after David Tennant the doctors haven't  been that good although sometimes the side kick has a lot to do with it… Perhaps they should bring back Donna…

Donna are you having a laugh, she has to be the worst companion ever, I would turn off forever if she dared go near the tardis again :angry:

after enjoying last weeks episode, the one just on Saturday was the wierdest one ever, i have still no idea what was supposed to have happened and why, zero story and unclear ending, seem to be scene setting for Clara and Danny, obviously a back story coming

Oh crikey. I was hoping someone would be able to explain it to me.  So, when Clara's under the boy's bed and grabs his leg etc. and she hears the grown ups saying (about the lad) he wants to be a Time Lord (!) does the fact that Clara was (a) in that time frame and ( B) has been around loads of other times, that she is also a Time Lord?  If she is, she doesn't realise it.  Don't think she is congnisant of all the times she has been around ?   Right I'm off to find a Dr Who forum to see if anyone can give me a clue ....

PS:  Mr Turtle, I thought that the point was we all have 'bogeymen' but none of it is real, it's all in our head, but then what was the thing under the red bedspread that they all saw? and then Clara's under the bed, and then it's said that the lad wants to be a Time Lord etc. etc.  totally weird !

I couldn't figure out why the guy with the beard who was in another doctor episode just before peter capaldi was in it. I think its John Hurt, it was very itsy bitsy last night. I think you are right though that the child in bed was the doctor because of the mention of time lord but when you think about it Matt Smiths doctor recognised clara. Perhaps I am losing the plot on this one….. 

I've been reading a Dr Who forum for ages and my head is mashed !  There are some seriously clever people who were talking about things I have clearly forgotten.  The theories are that the child is the young doctor, he doesn't want to be a soldier and the Doctor only gets into the academy at the second attempt; those who don't make the academy become soldiers;  Clara is the great grandmother of I don't know, Danny/Orson and the toy soldier is handed down (family heireloom).  John Hurt is erm I don't know, is he the Doctor at some other point?  Oh I can't tell you the theories and ideas posted by Dr Who enthusiasts were quite breathtaking.   LISTEN which was written on the blackboard is an anagram of SILENT (Silence).  Aaaaarrrgghhhh I'm going for a lie-down.