Guest Solent Richard

Cunard Clamp Down

I have yet to cruise with Cunard, P & O is my line of choice,  and dressing up on formal evenings is one of the attractions. Seeing the ladies and gents in their finery is great and I do not recall having noticed passengers not adhering to the dress code. Is this 'problem' more noticeable at certain times of the season, say school holiday time?

I was on oriana last september and there was just one guy we noticed EVERWHERE in the same tshirt and shorts no matter the time of day or location, stuck out like a sore thumb in the theatre on formal nights

Hi

My husband and I definitely agree with all who say that dress code should be adhered to, this is why we go cruising and choose Cunard.  We are sailing on the QM2 in November and were very disappointed to find that there were no formal nights but since booking this has changed to include one (more would have been better).

Lounge around in what you like in the day time but nights are for glamour so lets keep it that way.

We understand that all officers and crew who have deck privileges have to be in dress of the day by either 6:00 or maybe its 6:30 (Captain's Standing Orders)  or they are not allowed to be in passenger areas of the ship. We would support the dress codes being similarly enforced for customers - perhaps not quite so stringent- but out of respect for other passengers who do wish to adhere to the pre cruise info which is published for all to see. Also we would prefer it to apply to all areas  to enhance the ambience of the ship. There are lots of other cruise lines which have a much more casual approach which would cater for those who have no wish to 'dress up'

The dress code was applied across the ship when we were on the Adonia and it was certainly very impressive to see passengers and crew alike all smartly dressed + the photographers and the retail staff as well.

David