Sign in to follow this  
Oldworldtraveller

Norwegian Acquire Cruise Lines

Guest Solent Richard

It has been announced that NCL are to acquire Prestige Cruise International the parent company of Oceana Cruises and Regent Seven Seas cruise lines in a deal costing $3.025 Billion dollars. Will it change anything I wonder?

Good morning OldWorldTraveller.

I take it by the timing of your post that you were up before me this morning: indeed, further east as well.

As a past customer of Regent Seven Seas I received this email this morning...

"Dear Guests, 

We have some exciting news to share. The parent company of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, Prestige Cruises International, has agreed to be acquired by Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd., parent company of Norwegian Cruise Line. 

For our loyal guests, you can rest assured that the Regent Seven Seas Cruises experience you've come to love and cherish will remain unchanged. At Regent, we pride ourselves on providing our guests with the most inclusive luxury experience at sea with included roundtrip air, fine wine and spirits, unlimited shore excursions, specialty dining, ground transfers and gratuities. We continue to enhance our offerings for guests with our expanded free internet program that begins next year, and in summer 2016 we will introduce the most luxurious ship ever built with Seven Seas Explorer®

With Norwegian Cruise Line, we've found a partner that shares a similar passion for going above-and-beyond to deliver exceptional guest experiences and we're excited about starting this new chapter for our company. 

When the transaction is complete later this year, it will bring together three great brands together as part of one family. The combination will create a diversified cruise operator with a full spectrum of offerings that range from family cruising on Norwegian's innovative Freestyle Cruising ships, to the country-club casual experience on Oceania's fleet, to the all-inclusive, more intimate experience afforded by Regent Seven Seas Cruises' luxury offering. 

For the Regent Seven Seas Cruises brand, our mission will be to preserve the distinct offerings, guest experiences and unique onboard culture our guests cherish onboard our ships while always exploring ways to further enhance our luxury experience. 

Thank you for choosing Regent Seven Seas Cruises for your dream cruise vacation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future and for many years to come".

How interesting. Obviously Norwegian Cruise Lines are playing catchup with Carnival and Royal Caribbean who each have a 'luxury' brand under their belts.

But with this swoop they actually pick up two - not quite on a BOGOF deal if one considers the price.

​We shall have to see how they progress. I have sailed with both lines, Regent Navigator....

7385957900_3b31ce52e7_z.jpg

and Oceania Nautica....

8253675827_001c651639_z.jpg

but not the new parent.

Indeed, I am currently awaiting the 2015/16 Oceania Riviera itinerary as I have a desire to visit a new area.

Exciting times?

Guest Solent Richard

I wonder if this will lead to sweeping changes or if they will leave the brands to run successfully as they seem to have done, Only time will tell!!!

I concur Cruise Chef, only time will tell.

But that was a hell of a lot of money to pay. Perhaps NCL think they are the Man. United of the cruising world. ;)  ;)

Guest Solent Richard

Oceania actually have laundrettes on board. Probably the most comfortable laundrettes i heve encountered...

8254749810_7167472019_z.jpg