Sign in to follow this  
Guest Solent Richard

Hapag-Lloyds Europa 2

Guest Solent Richard

Well as promised i have completed my review of our recent cruise on this amazing ship.

Very different from the run of the mill small luxury cruise ships in as much as it has not been openly marketed in the UK.

But fortune favours the bold and both my wife and I are now so glad we had no inhibitions in trying this very German cruise line.

The quality and attention to detail was awesome. From receiving our 'Ship Identity cards' before we had left home...

15206168770_70472b3b4e_z.jpg

...to the amazing on board welcome...

15206332917_19987da9e0_z.jpg

From discovering the quirkiness of our suite with its natural light bathroom...

15392859245_82a27003c4_z.jpg

...to ground breaking new entertainment...

15206335077_22554601e6_z.jpg

From dining in very French style surroundings...

15411984625_e86787aac6_z.jpg

to scrumptious Seafood buffets...

15388930276_fa50a2901d_z.jpg

And not forgetting the Rib Ride to a remote cove banyan...

15411969075_f04de8ed64_z.jpg

This ship certain raises the cruise bar in more ways than one.

The full review with countless more photographs can be read on my blog page...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/10/03/europa-2-raising-the-bar/

I will of course be delighted to answer any questions, either here on the Forum or through the comment section on my blog.

15225241259_5abd5ff651_z.jpg

HI Solent Richard

Thanks for full review I read it with interest,.this ship is on my wish list.  The Europa 2 is not alone in the 6* casual stakes as both Seabourn and Regent are "country house casual".  I may take the plunge but I still haven't sailed on the Hebridain Princess so it lloks like the Western Isles next year.

Guest Solent Richard

I mentioned in the review about Hapag-Lloyd breaking the mould. Here is a youtube link to the Dutch Acapella group that did two shows on board...

...singing 'Killer Queen.

They did do the whole Queen 'A Night at the Opera' which of course, not being on a pirated youtube was a much slicker performance.

I mentioned in the review about Hapag-Lloyd breaking the mould. Here is a youtube link to the Dutch Acapella group that did two shows on board...

...singing 'Killer Queen.

They did do the whole Queen 'A Night at the Opera' which of course, not being on a pirated youtube was a much slicker performance.

Wow!! Thanks for that, SR.  Took me back a few years to when my daughter was singing with an all girl Acapella group called The Spirellas.  They performed "Killer Queen" on "The James Whale Show" on TV - including a fabulous interpretation of Brian May's guitar solo.  I have it on VHS video but it was, sadly, long before the days of youtube.

Guest Solent Richard

Wow!! Thanks for that, SR.  Took me back a few years to when my daughter was singing with an all girl Acapella group called The Spirellas.  They performed "Killer Queen" on "The James Whale Show" on TV - including a fabulous interpretation of Brian May's guitar solo.  I have it on VHS video but it was, sadly, long before the days of youtube.

Hi David.

My wife was heavily into Acapella. She was a member of a Barber's Shop Chorus.

The highlight for me was when she attended their annual convention in Las Vegas and I was allowed to carry her bags.

Mind, you can imagine how bored I got as a nil confidence, reserved old chap when I had to amuse myself for 5 days while they were attending convention.wink.png wink.png