Sign in to follow this  
GiGi

Strictly..love It Or Hate It?....

Ok,

So the first person has gone.

Do you care? Are you vexed?

Do you love the show ?

Do you love to dance even if you are good at it or as some say ' the music moves me but moves me ugly !!'

GiGi

Hi GiGi,

We love it.  Having been dancing for around 14 years (or is that dancing around for 14 years??) we know how difficult it is and appreciate what the celebs go through.  However, I could scream at the screen when the wrong couples are in the dance off.  Hasn't happened yet in this series - but it will.  Great band, super singers and some excellent pro dancers makes for entertainment, in my opinion.

Hi,

Glad to see there are Strictly fans out there. I have danced since I could walk, even won a few competitions but sadly an injury put me out of the game. My hubby on the other hand has no coordination or rhythm what so ever !

As for the presenters I think Tess has the personality of a paper bag but I'm not sure about bringing back Brucie, his awful jokes and fluffing lines were cringeworthy last year. I think Bradley Walch would have been good, I love it when he can't hold back laughing on The Chase, it's hilarious.

Any suggestions for who you would have liked to front the show?

GiGi

dont watch it for lots of reasons, one of them was Sir Bruce, he should have been put out to the pasture years ago, the main one though is Tess Daley, cant stand the woman.  I have quite a few friends who work for the BBC both behind and in front of the camera, they tell me she is supposed to be a real Diva, no one is allowed to speak to her unless she talks to them first and really got ideas above her station

and of course it clashes with XFactor

I think Strictly is great - i've had to sky plus so haven't seen any at all yet!! It's a shame Brucie isn't on the show any more - a real legend! His tap dancing was getting a bit silly though - looked like he was flicking dog muck from his shoes!

I'd love to do a strictly cruise and learn how to do a few more moves!

Hi charlielou,

If you're really interested in learning some dance moves I suggest you seek out a local dance school and join up on one of their courses.  You'd learn far more than just a few moves, get some great exercise and support a local business.

Forgive my intrusion if you are already doing this.

We have a similar show over here called 'Dancing with the Stars'. It's Rita's favorite TV show. I don't watch as it is on Monday nights the same time as Monday Night Football. I used to watch the show when it was new a few years ago and it was enjoyable--but not as enjoyable to me as football!

We do ballroom dancing and belong to 3 dance clubs. We dance for fun and not for competition as some in our dance clubs do. Our waltz, foxtrot, rumba, cha-cha-cha and east coast swing barely resemble what they dance on the TV show.

Hello,along with various other television shows,Celebrities in a jungle youv'e never head of,lets bake a cake,I cant sing but have I got some kind of factor et al.

Some people get a lot of pleasure out of watching these.We never have any reality TV.on.

So of course each to their own.

Rodger.

Good Morning David H

I have been looking at dance classes but not quite taken that step yet!

If you're anywhere near Nottinghamshire, I could make a recommendation.  Just do it.....you'll wonder why you didn't try it sooner!!

Hi,

While watching the strictly It takes two show last night hubby made a statement, " do you want me to learn to dance before the cruise?".

The answer of course is yes but lord help the teacher, I tried to teach him the waltz once.......never again!!!

We will be doing the northern lights on Oriana, just how much ballroom dancing will be going on?

Thanks

GiGi