Sign in to follow this  
GiGi

Strictly..love It Or Hate It?....

Morning David

I'm based in Worksop so really would appreciate any recommendations!

Hi charlielou,

We've been going to the Harwood School of Dancing at Sutton in Ashfield for the last 14 years or so.  David & Jayne Harwood really know how to run a social dance and run beginners' courses on a regular basis, as well as being available for private lessons.  They are very good at making newcomers feel welcome at their social dances. We started out in a group class and graduated to a private lesson with David every Friday afternoon (yes, we'll be there this afternoon).  There is some form of dancing going on every night of the week.  We and our friends attend a social dance on Wednesday and Sunday evenings, when we're not away from home that is.....wink.png

Have a look at their website:- "http://www.grosvenorrooms.com/"

I don't know who runs it but there is a social dance at Stanley Street Social Club (it used to be the Railwaymens' Club, I believe) in Worksop once a week - I play table tennis there - but I don't think there is any tuition.

Hope that helps and, if you decide to give it a go, do come and say hello (I still look like that smug devil in the avatar!!)

Regards,

DavidH

Got back from a 2 week break in Montenegro on Sunday and have managed to catch up with the Strictly action.  Good standard of dancing this year from pro's and celebrities alike.  Shame we've had the usual shock exit but can't complain too much as we weren't around to vote.  Hopefully, the no-hopers will soon bow out (un)gracefully.

At least the judges can see what the dancers are doing on strictly and judge on that basis, watched 10 mins of x factor the other day listened to the trash cheryl cole was spouting and it only brought a smile to my face when simon cowell said they were out of tune, I thought I was in need of a hearing aid it was that bad!!!

Now I know why i dont watch x factor !!!!!!!!