Sign in to follow this  
Guest Solent Richard

Kotor And Beyond

Guest Solent Richard

In May of this year my wife and were on board Ventura which made a call to Kotor.

It was the first occasion we had visited that port and we wanted to make the most of it so we planned a pretty full day.

In the morning we took and excursion to the Montenegrin towns of Budva and Sveti Stefan...

15561618505_34b51a6ee3_z.jpg

15375475058_af7dce4917_z.jpg

and in the afternoon concentrated on Kotor Old Town...

15371719608_b3a23761a0_z.jpg

and a hike up to the Fortress of St. John, from where we had some stunning views...

15534150286_ba46c96c9c_z.jpg

I have just completed a full review of our day including our time walking around Budva Citadel. The review can be read by following this link...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/10/23/one-way-to-do-kotor/

where the climb to the fortress is pretty well documented.

15558691952_5ce893bb00_z.jpg

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions regarding either the review or Kotor.

Hi  I was impressed by this port and consider the few Euros admission charge for the Fort access the best value I spent on my cruise.  I tried one of the local restaurants in the main square in the Old Town and it was extremely good and excellent value.

Guest Solent Richard

What a lovely couple you two make! Nice photos!

Very kind of you to say so. Thank you.

In May of this year my wife and were on board Ventura which made a call to Kotor.

It was the first occasion we had visited that port and we wanted to make the most of it so we planned a pretty full day.

In the morning we took and excursion to the Montenegrin towns of Budva and Sveti Stefan...

15561618505_34b51a6ee3_z.jpg

15375475058_af7dce4917_z.jpg

and in the afternoon concentrated on Kotor Old Town...

15371719608_b3a23761a0_z.jpg

and a hike up to the Fortress of St. John, from where we had some stunning views...

15534150286_ba46c96c9c_z.jpg

I have just completed a full review of our day including our time walking around Budva Citadel. The review can be read by following this link...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/10/23/one-way-to-do-kotor/

where the climb to the fortress is pretty well documented.

15558691952_5ce893bb00_z.jpg

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions regarding either the review or Kotor.

As usual Richard brilliant revue,makes you feel that you are there.wink.png

Hi SR,

Very timely post of yours as my wife and I have just returned from a 2 week stay in a super little villa on the Lustica Peninsular, overlooking the Bay of Kotor.  It's an area we've been wanting to visit for some time and took the opportunity of our withdrawal from Aurora's disrupted cruise to the Holy Land to fly to Dubrovnik, pick up a hire car and drive south into Montenegro.  The area is so beautiful and I would love to share a few of our photos with you and other forum members if I knew how to add them to my post from my computer's files.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

David