weaver

New Dining

I think the big difference between Freedom dining and Dynamic dining is the range of complementary dining options available.  Instead of having an MDR but being able to turn up whenever you want, there're loads of restaurants to pick from.

Anyway I'm excited about trying it when we're on Anthem next year :)

We have already been on-line and booked our restaurants for Anthem next year. Thought we'd better get booked early in case the restaurant and time is not available later. It will be strange dressing up for the Formal Restaurant when everbody in the other restaurants won't be.

We have already been on-line and booked our restaurants for Anthem next year. Thought we'd better get booked early in case the restaurant and time is not available later. It will be strange dressing up for the Formal Restaurant when everbody in the other restaurants won't be.

Hi I do hope you enjoy your cruise. I'm sure you will.  Is dynamic dining really as flexible as dst87 suggests I think the big difference between Freedom dining and Dynamic dining is the range of complementary dining options available.  Instead of having an MDR but being able to turn up whenever you want, there're loads of restaurants to pick from.) if you have book the alternative dining venues so far in advance in order to avoid disappointment?

The choice of included dining venues - i.e. with no supplement is great - there is 8 in total so a good variety. It should be great being able to try different dining venues without extra charges

I'm not too keen currently, but will reserve judgement until I have seen exactly how it works

The idea of having to prebook each evenings dining & shows over 6 months before sailing just doesn't sit right for me!

The whole essence of freedom dining, in my opinion, is the flexibility & 'freedom' to do as you please each evening, I don't know 6 months before what I will feel like doing on each evening of my holiday - it just seems to make it all a little formulated and scheduled - not how a holiday should be.

I'm not too keen currently, but will reserve judgement until I have seen exactly how it works

The idea of having to prebook each evenings dining & shows over 6 months before sailing just doesn't sit right for me!

The whole essence of freedom dining, in my opinion, is the flexibility & 'freedom' to do as you please each evening, I don't know 6 months before what I will feel like doing on each evening of my holiday - it just seems to make it all a little formulated and scheduled - not how a holiday should be.

Hi  If this is case with Dynamic Dining I agree it gives no more freedom than traditional cruise dining.  Is it a case of Orwellian 1984 speak using an opposite word to define it's true meaning?

too much like hard work having to think about what you will be wanting to do everynight so far in advance, much prefer p&o's freedom dining works so well, much more flexible and you dont have to pre book or plan what your going to be doing before you have got on the ship.

i don't think i like the idea of deciding where i want to eat and when 6 months beforehand! the odd night would be ok but if you need to get booked into everything then surely it defeats the object of being flexible! if you pre book the show do you pre book particular seats too? unsure.png

I think its a great idea, you can plan what you want & when you want it, if you want to see the full show or maybe stay off the ship on an island it gives the flexibility to still know that you have a meal at a specific time rather than eating buffet style, it certainly is a great way forward

I did not like Dynamic Dining, did not like having to book months in advance. I like the 6pm Formal Smart Casual aspect of Dining. If I wish to Dine in another venue I would just notify my waiter and he would arrange it for us. The shows were for the early and late sittings, no bookings there either, it was easy now its complicated.