Sign in to follow this  
RiverSong

Seabourn Grows Fleet Further!

Seabourn has ordered a second 604-passenger ship from Italian shipyard Fincantieri.  The yet unnamed vessel will be based on the configuration of Seabourn’s Odyssey class vessels but will feature one extra deck and new expanded public areas.  We will see these sisters first in 2016 then 2018. 

To date I have never been lucky enough to travel with Seabourn but I am interested in opinions of anyone that has and their experience on board?    

Hi  I have only sailed on Seabourn's smaller and older vessels, the cruise experience certainly wouldn't suit everybody.  The cuisine, service are all excellent, with plenty of room on board  (finding a sun lounger is never a problem).  However, those wishing 24/7 entertainment and believe that a large atrium is the bee knees are going to be in for a shock.  I don't know how or if the cruise ambience will change in a vessel carrying over double the number of passengers than the ships I have sailed on but I suspect it will still offer excellent cuisine, country house casual attire but add further speciality dining options.  These newly ordered vessels are similar in size to those used by Crystal and they still maintain excellent cuisine and attentive service although not as personal as that on the smaller luxury ships.