Sign in to follow this  
RiverSong

Do You Want To Build A Snowman? On A Cruise?

Norwegian Cruise Lines has taken “COOL” literally on some of its ships .  On the Breakaway & Getaway, the SVEDKA ice bar has been Inspired by the original ice hotels in Scandinavia, is one of only 14 in the world and the only true ice bar at sea.

But it’s their newest offering the Norwegian Escape which is taking it to the next level with this industry first. 

The Snow Room, which will see temperatures range between 0 Celsius to -6.  Besides being a welcome change from the sun, NCL claim the room offers health benefits such as stimulating blood circulation and strengthening the immune system.

Do you want to build a Snowman on your next Caribbean Cruise, or just sip cocktails in the Sun? smile.png

We sailed out of Baltimore on one of the last cruises of the Celebrity Mercury and we boarded in a freak snow storm. We had driven from Canada so had winter jackets hats etc, but many people had only clothes for the Caribbean. As we sailed away, we could make snowballs on the deck. Luckily it warmed up quickly as we went south, and by the time we returned the weather was back to normal. I don't think I would use a snow room on a ship - we get too much snow at home!

Hi  I am sure some passengers love these additions to cruise ships but I am sure others don't chose their vacation on these features.   I suspect cruisers are likely to opt for a cruise which offesr the right itinerary or price.  On a personal level I would prefer cruise lines to enhance features I use rather than add new ones I didn't know I wanted!

Its good to see that cruise companies are trying to push the boundaries of what we can expect, as Land Ahoy states for some its about the destinations, service & price.

I would say yes to those attributes and also maybe to the odd different idea to spice things up be it P&O Food Heroes or RCI Aqua theatre, it shows that crusing can be a resort away from home