NOFLYZONE

Pre Booking Tours Through Cunard

Hi ,

We have just tried to pre book a number of tours for our forthcoming cruise in January 2014, and as previous, the costs would have been added to our onboard account which if you have some free onboard spend the cost of these tours would be deducted from this. However we have been informed that you cannot now pre book tours unless you actually pay up front for them and if you wish to use your free on board credit then you have to wait and book when on board. Anybody else had this problem?

The same problem with us. On Queen Elizabeth last September and could pre book tours and they would charge on board account. Now unless you pay for tours up front you cannot guarantee place nor the advertised price for advanced bookings.

Many people will look to book with reputable on line Tour guides, which we have done for Sri Lanka and Mumbai at half the cost next April. It seems a strange thing for Cunard to do.

I encountered this with Celebrity when booking in advance.  It doesn't really bother me, but I've never had much trouble getting rid of my OBC  ;)

Think of it as a great way of spreading the cost of the holiday.

Actually, I was not impressed by this, and have only booked the overland tour on QV next year.

Shall have to take a chance with other tours, and hope I am not disappointed once I get on the ship in January.

I do so like to go to the tour talks, then make up my mind what to do.