kerry304

Where To Buy The Best Cruise Dress!

Apologies for the 'girly' thread, but i'm wondering where people shop for fashionable cruise wear?

I spent this weekend looking through my holiday wardrobe and decided i'm going to need a bit of a revamp this year! I'm going on a P&O cruise this summer and have started looking for formal night dresses online. I know i should really hit the shops to try them on but i'm feeling a bit deflated by what i've seen so far!! Am i too early to start looking?

Ideally cocktail or maxi dress (to suit age 40-something!), where would you suggest please?

Thanks in advance smile.png

If you have got plenty of time for delivery you can get some really good bargains on eBay, just make sure you follow the measurements for sizes as most come from China.  Tk Maxx can have some, one off pieces, Debenhams, Coast have an occasions department but I have seen more than once people turn up in the same outfit as someone else as they are so popular.

Now is the best time when all the Christmas collections are in the sales, and the shops need to move it quick for the summer season.

Ooh yes don't want to be turning up in the same outfit! There are a couple of boutiques in my mums village i'm thinking they may have some unusual or one-off dresses? Just don't know what the price tags will be like...

Thank you for your suggestions, I will be 'surfing' the net tonight armed with a glass of wine & the hubby's credit card ohmy.png !

Just looked on the cruise clothes website and the first dress I saw was £2050 !!!!! Ouch!! You know you've made it when you can spend that much on a couple of nights wear a year lol.

I agree! That first dress doesn't cost much less than the cruise itself! It is beautiful though.

So i discovered i had been sent a new Next catalogue which had a separate 'Labels' catalogue in with it featuring some lovely designer dresses. Have ordered a couple so will see what they're like when they arrive...

If you want to have a look online its http://www.next.co.uk/branded/label?gclid=CI7NoK37pMMCFUzJtAodMB0AaA

Thanks for all of your help! 

I think I'm finally getting the message my wife has been trying to drum into me for all these years and that is that she has saved me a small fortune by designing and making her own clothes.  Another advantage being that she never has to worry about meeting someone wearing the same outfit.  If only I could find somewhere to hang my one suit!!!!!!

Phase Eight. We have it in our local department store. I saw a very nice dress last September, long lacy and navy. It started life at £175. I kept my eye on it and picked it up in the sale at £59. They discount all the prices in the end so just keep watching. Must better to buy locally rather than on the Internet as you can try it on and if everyone keeps shopping on line there will be no high street shops left!!!

If you have time to spare TK Maxx is a good place to go, they have stock coming in all year around and now would be an excellent time.  If not keep on looking, they have some fantastic quality garments at a not bad price! 

I have also found a great lanyard store on-line, great  to wear on-board just to look a little different during the day (I always carry a purse at night).  Theres a great website called 'loopylanyardsandultraholidayshop', its well worth a look!