Sign in to follow this  
Tinkerbell

Bad Publicity

Guest suespud

You only have to look up your blog and see that you call yourself "The Mafia" and that you go out on "shark patrol". Do posters realise that they get mentioned "elsewhere" by you when they post on cruise forums ! You even got banned from another world wide cruise forum because of it !

I have been "mentioned" quite a few times on his blog, riciculed and insulted on "cruise forums revealed" on the cruise.co and crusing mates sections

The most recent, just this week when he copied my words and avatar from THIS forum, totally out of context and used them to ridicule a poster on his blog from another cruise forum.

He now has digs at some of us on this forum, making little comments that no one but the people he stalks will understand.

I am sorry for bringing this out in public on this forum, but he is doing what he has done on other forums and it needs to stop.

Fudge is correct about his cruise info and reviews etc. they are excellent.

BUT........ there is another VERY NASTY and VINDICTIVE side of Solent Richard that people dont know about or choose to ignore.

I have been "mentioned" quite a few times on his blog, riciculed and insulted on "cruise forums revealed" on the cruise.co and crusing mates sections

The most recent, just this week when he copied my words and avatar from THIS forum, totally out of context and used them to ridicule a poster on his blog from another cruise forum.

He now has digs at some of us on this forum, making little comments that no one but the people he stalks will understand.

I am sorry for bringing this out in public on this forum, but he is doing what he has done on other forums and it needs to stop.

Fudge is correct about his cruise info and reviews etc. they are excellent.

BUT........ there is another VERY NASTY and VINDICTIVE side of Solent Richard that people dont know about or choose to ignore.

If you feel so strong about this you should report it.As I have stated earlier this is not the question first posted.sad.png

And supposing that doesn't do any good Ron? One should always look for a catalyst. Without a catalyst, barb, snipe or put down, people don't have an issue. It doesn't mean that people have to react to these things but it is very hard not to. Without the catalyst in the first place, there is nothing to react to. Find the catalyst and report THAT. And if no action is taken, then what? You can see how these things escalate. Have you any idea of how frustrating it is to find oneself being derided and abused on a persons public blog with no right of reply apart from forums like this? Doesn't make it right but I understand it. Take away the abuse and you remove the need to respond. Now it is rearing in its on this forum and I'd like to see it stop.

Guest suespud

If you feel so strong about this you should report it.As I have stated earlier this is not the question first posted.:(

Ron, reporting little comments,that look innocent and mean nothing to anyone else but to those they are aimed, doesnt work, unless you inundate admin with them.

I have chose not to report these comments and gone "public".

Like Fudge, I want it to STOP.

I and others want to be able to read and post on THIS forum without being "got at" and digs being constantly made at those of us who SR has issues with.

No one had a bad word to say against Jimmy Saville, until People  started taking notice of other persons  and shouting  !!!

How much can normal Posters take. O.K Should we be quite at let stupidity continue, No !!

Well we are shouting now  !!!
Enough is enough !

What on earth does a Defence Services Discount Service card have to do with bad publicity? and do we really care who has a card and who hasn't or am I missing something?

Is this the Bolsover forum or is this the SR show because I am no longer sure. It seems that lately every thread which is started is turned around to massage somebody's ego.

Back to bad publicity very sad to see any report of a passenger dying but doctors will always make the call on what they think is the best for their patient and rather them be in a hospital with every treatment at their disposal than finding out they require something the ship does not hold. It does also show you should make sure your insurance is good enough as not to leave you vulnerable.

As you quite rightly say Jaczs the doctors are the ones who make the decisions and after years of training at medical school, acting as a junior house doctor etc. I personally think their views should be respected. Being human they will not always get it right but they are certainly more qualified than the voices you hear making the complaints.

Guest Solent Richard

Ron, reporting little comments,that look innocent and mean nothing to anyone else but to those they are aimed, doesnt work, unless you inundate admin with them.

I have chose not to report these comments and gone "public".

Like Fudge, I want it to STOP.

I and others want to be able to read and post on THIS forum without being "got at" and digs being constantly made at those of us who SR has issues with.

Perhaps one should practice what one preaches, especially when it comes to commenting about cruisers on other forums.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. It works both ways.

Guest Solent Richard

What on earth does a Defence Services Discount Service card have to do with bad publicity? and do we really care who has a card and who hasn't or am I missing something?

Is this the Bolsover forum or is this the SR show because I am no longer sure. It seems that lately every thread which is started is turned around to massage somebody's ego.

Back to bad publicity very sad to see any report of a passenger dying but doctors will always make the call on what they think is the best for their patient and rather them be in a hospital with every treatment at their disposal than finding out they require something the ship does not hold. It does also show you should make sure your insurance is good enough as not to leave you vulnerable.

Good morning Jaczs.

With regard to topics veering ‘off course’ well such is the nature of forums and I’m feel sure you have witnessed such digressions elsewhere.

By way of an explanation and should you wish to take the time to read back, it will be seen that the matter of Cunard Benefits was brought up/introduced. 

I quite legitimately added a further nominated benefit by way of the Defence Services Discount. I’m sure you will agree that that is something any member/ ex member of the armed forces would appreciate.

Indeed, in order that the information did not get lost in this thread I then started a new thread just on that subject.

I’m sure you would agree with me that our brave servicemen deserve all they are legitimately entitled to.

I recall earlier mentioning that hundreds of other cruisers had benefited from similar information offered on two of the top Facebook groups. As those groups are closed groups I see no reason for not sharing the information on an open forum for either members, Bolsover customers, or casual readers who may choose not to join the forum.

Guest Solent Richard

Good morning again Jaczs

With regard to your personal comments towards me please allow me to say that I can fully understand where you are coming from.

On many cruise forums there will be a disparity between those who cruise often and those less fortunate. 

Similarly, on many forums prolific posters,  and those who cruise more often, including  World cruises, attract a degree of resentment no matter how valuable their information is:  particularly when they are also prepared  to add photographs to support their comments.

I’m not the first to be singled out and I have  doubt I won’t be the last. Just ask member MaggieMou.

As OWT quoted from Bill Gates on another thread… “Life is not fair, get used to it.”

PS. By way of an olive branch I took the decision not to mention future cruises for the remainder of this year.wink.png wink.png

Guest Solent Richard

It certainly tells you something tho when a pinned post remains in situ for several days having to tell members about their behaviour, just about sums up facebook in my opinion and the muppets that run such groups.

This type of forum is so much more professional with professional people running it.

On the contrary Pyewacket, the pinned notice had the desired effect...

"Can all members please remember this is a group for people with the common interest of cruising. We won't all agree all the time but there is no need to get personal when replying to posts.

If you see something you don't like/agree with take a breath then think if your reply could be seen as an attack on other members. Likewise, if you don't like posts for their language or for targeting particular members then please report them - admin exam are not always around all the time or able to monitor every post - we have lives and jobs to mange as well as this and other groups so sometimes miss things.

Sending pm's to members which could be seen to be threatening and which are reported to admin could result in members being removed from the group. Personal attacks will not be tolerated."

Now with 16,477 members I'd say that's no bad way to regulate a site. Sorted before it got out of hand.

Good to know you are a P&O fan though. wink.png 

"Can all members please remember this is a group for people with the common interest of cruising. We won't all agree all the time but there is no need to get personal when replying to posts.

If you see something you don't like/agree with take a breath then think if your reply could be seen as an attack on other members. Likewise, if you don't like posts for their language or for targeting particular members then please report them - admin exam are not always around all the time or able to monitor every post - we have lives and jobs to mange as well as this and other groups so sometimes miss things.

Sending pm's to members which could be seen to be threatening and which are reported to admin could result in members being removed from the group. Personal attacks will not be tolerated."

Now with 16,477 members I'd say that's no bad way to regulate a site. Sorted before it got out of hand.

Maybe some should take that advice on this site...angry.png

Hardly 16,477 active members, my own opinion is that it isn’t a very well regulated site at all otherwise such notices would not be necessary for a prolonged length of time, there will always be one or two bad apples but this site seems to get more than it’s fair share I wonder why that is, not that I’m really interested as I said I have found much of the information to be inaccurate so only pop in there occasionally.

I much prefer this forum which imo is well moderated, informative and interesting, long may it continue and yes I am a P&O fan which would make sense as I joined a P&O facebook group although at the time I wasn’t aware of just how little information would be available from it, I suppose if you want to know Mr and Mrs X are going on Ventura on the 5th and Mr and Mrs Y came back from Azura on the 10th then yes it is informative for those who don’t lose the will to live quite as easily as I do.

Guest Solent Richard

Maybe some should take that advice on this site...angry.png

Hear hear Terminator.

Couldn't agree more. far better to talk about cruising and offer advice to those that need it.

Guest Solent Richard

Hardly 16,477 active members, my own opinion is that it isn’t a very well regulated site at all otherwise such notices would not be necessary for a prolonged length of time, there will always be one or two bad apples but this site seems to get more than it’s fair share I wonder why that is, not that I’m really interested as I said I have found much of the information to be inaccurate so only pop in there occasionally.

I much prefer this forum which imo is well moderated, informative and interesting, long may it continue and yes I am a P&O fan which would make sense as I joined a P&O facebook group although at the time I wasn’t aware of just how little information would be available from it, I suppose if you want to know Mr and Mrs X are going on Ventura on the 5th and Mr and Mrs Y came back from Azura on the 10th then yes it is informative for those who don’t lose the will to live quite as easily as I do.

Good morning again Pyewacket.

Two points if I may.

Nowhere did I mention 'Active' members when referring to the membership. Of course if you have any issues with that group you could always leave. I understand there is no deposit to lose.

Secondly I agree with you that this forum is well moderated. I'm sure you know what I mean. wink.png

And that will be my last comment on this particular thread.

Hi SR

I agree with you yes our service personnel deserve their card my husband and I both use ours :D  but sorry I do not feel the need to show a photo of it ;)

Please feel free to add you future cruises it does not worry me if you do but maybe a couple of less pictures would be good :D Like  Defence services discount card

Hi SR

I agree with you yes our service personnel deserve their card my husband and I both use ours biggrin.png  but sorry I do not feel the need to show a photo of it wink.png

Please feel free to add you future cruises it does not worry me if you do but maybe a couple of less pictures would be good biggrin.png Like  Defence services discount card

"It just beggars belief".

Message from Forum Admin

Dear all, we have posted a comment today on another thread as well as raising a new topic ourselves. In this post we state that whilst we encourage freedom of speech and open debates on the forum, we will not tolerate the continuous nature of such issues as these. Whatever took place in the past on other forums is exactly that, in the past and therefore we politely ask all members to keep it that way. As for the current debates taking place, we ask that ALL members remain courteous towards each other. Clearly we needed to intervene considering the current circumstances and we will monitor this extremely carefully in the future.

We will not delete or remove threads unless we feel the need to do so. If this is done, it will be done because of the use of explicit language, personal abuse or severe confrontation. We have, until now, not seen such examples of this but we feel, as I'm sure many of you do that if we continue to see threads such as this continue down the path they are on then we will be not far away from such situations. Therefore we intend this message to put an end to that possibility right now.